Boeing 727-200 Yu air force one

This 727-200 represent Yugoslav presidential plane, mainly for marshal Tito's personal use. It entered in service in 1975 and after Tito's death in 1980 it was converted from VIP to standard passenger version and handed to Aviogenex. This is one of two 727's that entered in service with Yugoslav Air Force, this represents VIP version and second one was standard, for big delegations and Air force use for traveling in large groups(mainly for military families and their group vacations on seaside).

I used minicraft 727-200 in 1/144. There are some mistakes like that H letter on wings but i will replace that when i find same H like other letters, decals are mix of Lift Here and some other Yugoslav flags. Painted with MM mat white and faded Humbrol 40. unfortunately it's tailseater when it's now on perfect straight surface.

Here are some pics

101220111399.jpg

th_101220111403.jpgth_101220111397.jpgth_101220111398.jpgth_101220111400.jpgth_101220111401.jpgth_101220111402.jpg

Hope you like it :D

Hi Nemsy,

Great build and interesting inside story on the 727 in YuAF service!

Perhaps you should have just painted the "H" in line with the rest of the registration dimensions. Anyway, I very much like how you managed to get the paint on the model :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Niki

Very nice model :thumbsup: and thank you also for let us know the history of the real airplane, it is always interesting to know something about the airplane that we are reproducing

Roberto

Edited by Drake64

I'm glad you like it. That's why i love scale modelling, i always first find out some facts about aircraft that i'm making from books, forums, google and else and then i start working on it. Many of Yugoslav aircraft's have history (each aircraft individual) so it's very interesting.

As of H letter, it is now replaced with the appropriate letter, I just put this H temporary for exhibition at the local competition :D