• 1 month later...

I've just come across this posting and find it very interseting. Great aircraft and not a subject(Biafran/Nigerian civil war) followed by many!

I've been interested in this subject for many years. I have a Heller Super Constellation I'm wanting to build in "Canairelef" markings and a Heller DC 6 in Red Cross liverie. I have been waiting for someone to make a MFI 9B Saab Minicon in 1/48 but I feel this will never happen.

I personally like to build subject along this line - "brushfire wars", civil wars - off the beaten track.

Again, excellent build and keep up with the more exotic subjects.

Thanks Paul

Hi Paul, one of the Canairelief Super Connies would make a superb subject, I've swung back & forth between one of them & the later Biafran Govt L-749, still undecided, in the meantime the kits don't get any easier to find now, though there is always 1/144. If you haven't got one already, try to get/borrow a copy of Shadows, there is a lot of info, pictures & profiles of the Canairelief planes in it.

Steve.

Hi Paul!

I'm very glad that you like my B-25 :)

Yes sadly there are very few modellers that are interested in these subjects :( If you want you could build the Grey Ghost, a Biafran Govt. gunrunner, over all grey, also very interesting!!!

I think Broplan did a MFI 9 in 1/72... but I don't know if it's any good :/

Cheers

Mikkel

Sorry, no, I have no idea what the shade used for Biafran Blue was. I'd guess that in the circumstances it would have been a readily availble aircraft paint or mix there of, I think it was designed as camo as much as anything so I'd expect a dullish blue grey type colour but the photos & profiles in Shadows are the only source I have. I know that Mike Draper does (did?) post on the PPrune forums, so maybe I should register there to get in touch with him & ask him, after all, he was there, as I understand.

Steve.

Had a look on PPrune, he only posted twice in a thread about the 40th anniversary of the end of the war & that was 2 1/2 years ago so maybe not a good bet.:(

Edited by stevehnz