Gotta brag a little....

My son, Andrew, is a Freshman AFROTC cadet at the University of Central Florida. He called me last night and informed me that he had been selected by the Air Force to receive a full scholarship and contract for commission. The USAF is going to pay tuition, books, and a stipend from here on, including reimbursement for this semester. Of the 50 or so cadets who applied, he was one of 6 selected. I might add that last year he received a Congressional nomination for the Naval Academy, but was not selected to attend.

Andrew has worked very hard throughout high school and this year, taking the most difficult math classes. Although he just turned 18 in October, he has shown vision, discipline, and maturity beyond his years. The opportunity that he is now enjoying is a result of his dedication to academic excellence and his focus on high achievement.

r/Gil

Edited by DutyCat

Well, congratulations Andrew!

It's so-o-o good to hear that mature, responsible 18 year olds are out there! And rare to read about a teen who is mature, has a vision for his future and the discipline to strive for it.

I get the sense that he appreciates this"reward" for his achievements so far.

... and ditto what Holmes said!

Pete

Now that is something to brag about!!! Congrats! With all the local news I see about UCF, it is nice to know that some folks are over there making a real contribution to this country! Great job!

And ,uh, Gil.....you are great guy and contributor to us around here and at the shows...so there is no surprise you gonna raise a good kid! :thumbsup:

-Jim

Now that is something to brag about!!! Congrats! With all the local news I see about UCF, it is nice to know that some folks are over there making a real contribution to this country! Great job!

And ,uh, Gil.....you are great guy and contributor to us around here and at the shows...so there is no surprise you gonna raise a good kid! :thumbsup:

-Jim

Thanks for the love! Do I know you? You mentioned the shows. Yes I am involved as I am the VP of IPMS First Coast, but it is other Gil, Gil Hodges, who is our contest coordinator. We just happen to have two Gils in our club. Go figure.

My son, Andrew, is a Freshman AFROTC cadet at the University of Central Florida. He called me last night and informed me that he had been selected by the Air Force to receive a full scholarship and contract for commission. The USAF is going to pay tuition, books, and a stipend from here on, including reimbursement for this semester. Of the 50 or so cadets who applied, he was one of 6 selected. I might add that last year he received a Congressional nomination for the Naval Academy, but was not selected to attend.

Andrew has worked very hard throughout high school and this year, taking the most difficult math classes. Although he just turned 18 in October, he has shown vision, discipline, and maturity beyond his years. The opportunity that he is now enjoying is a result of his dedication to academic excellence and his focus on high achievement.

r/Gil

Navy's 0 Air Force 1 !!

No need to worry about bragging, seems like he has done you really proud.

I also have to say some of this has got to be down to the way he was brought up. :thumbsup:

Julien

Yesss!

Another success story. I'll be sure to make sure my two cadets see this.

I'm sure good parenting had a bit to do with this.

So nice to see a young man on the right path.

All the best to him and his parents.

Cheers

Paul