Saturday Model Show in Columbus

This is usually a great show...big turnout in entries and vendors. And, it's right next to Easton Towne Center, so you can bring your significant other and they can shop while you shop....who can bring home the best deals?! Anyway, hope to see lots of entries and people!!!

Cheer!

Paul

I will be there. I'm going to try to "just say no" in the vendor (yeah...right) and will have about 7 items in for judging. It really is a fun show.

Don't you mean just say yes :P

See you there...I'll be one of those evil vendor types :P

Have the daughters 4 yr birthday party unfortunately. Although this is also the first I've heard of this show. Easton is a nice place to be as well. Alas

If anyone can find me a sweet deal on one of the new hase 1/48 ea-18gs that'd be sweet. Pm me for details or my number.

Edited by Bigasshammm

I'll be there too. And this year, I'll also be a vendor, bringing most of what I didn't sell on the Buy and Sell forum. I have two models I'll be entering in the contest too. It should be a lot of fun.

Tom

The show was pretty darn good. My only grip (and this applies to most contests I have been to...not just Blizardcon) is that there isn't enough space between aisles (both vendor AND contest) for three people to stand shoulder to shoulder. I know that a bigger space would mean bigger ticket prices at the door but really, I think everyone would understand. Other than that the venue is great and you can;t go wrong with a visit tot he Easton part of town.

The turnout was quite good. Maybe a bit down from last year but I couldn't say for sure. They announced that there were about 550 entries in all categories. I would say that the master class single engine prop and one of the automotive categories were the big draws. The best of show was a very impressive model (1:350 I THINK) of the USS Nimitz. That and a life size scratch built Terminator endoskeleton were the show stealers.

All in all a very good time. However, lunch at the Cheesecake Factory had me miserable for part of the afternoon. :)

Travis

Congrats, Travis!

How was the show overall? Good turnout? I know there wasn't a blizzard in Columbus this year. How many entries? What categories had the best turnout?

Any good vendor deals besides P-38 guy's to brag about?

I gotta couple kits for my clubs raffle here in Cincinnati....best deal was a 4 for $25.00 deal I did, Eduard 1/48th Avia B.534, 1/72nd Tamiya Skyray, F-84G and Hasegawa Zero Floatplane......

I got 1st in 1/72nd Single Engine Prop Master for this

397220731.jpg

Seemed fairly busy but a tad down....think the weather got em...nice day