Hi there,

I'm trying to build a model of the Fokker DR1 that Manfred von Richthofen was killed in. I've searched the web but I cant find any proof of how this aircraft looked exactly. It seems to me that it was overall red with a white stabilizer. What colour was the nosecone? If anyone has photos of this aircraft please share :pray:

Thanks

Nico

Hi there,

I'm trying to build a model of the Fokker DR1 that Manfred von Richthofen was killed in. I've searched the web but I cant find any proof of how this aircraft looked exactly. It seems to me that it was overall red with a white stabilizer. What colour was the nosecone? If anyone has photos of this aircraft please share :pray:

Thanks

Nico

It was all red with a white rudder. Nose cowling was red. The crosses were the straight type with visual evidence of the repaint from the 'Iron Cross' type.

I'm on the hunt for pics for you.

Cheers, Tony

Hi there,

Thanks

Nico

Hope these can help;

this is generally accepted as a pic of 425/17 in the scheme of 21 April 1918;

FokkerDr-I425-17ofManfredvonRichthofen3.jpg

this is the port side fuselage cross taken from 425/17 ;

CrossPortFus.jpg

this is seen by some as 425/17 before the crosses were changed to the straight type. Notice the similar, odd shape to the machine gun padding in both aircraft. Not unique to 425/17 but not very common indeed Also the Vee shaped blemish on the RH side of the fuselage is present in both planes;

FokkerDr-I425-17atLechelle.jpg

Cheers, Tony

It was all red with a white rudder. Nose cowling was red. The crosses were the straight type with visual evidence of the repaint from the 'Iron Cross' type.

I'm on the hunt for pics for you.

Cheers, Tony

Google Image search: Fokker DR I 425/17----turned up the aircraft pics above and a whole host of other folks models.

Try it.

Cheers, Tony

• 2 weeks later...