The Man with Two Bones

Well, after all that with the poll about the camo vs gray...I went ahead and bought another Bone. So now I have the camo ROG release from a couple of years ago and the new Revell USA boxing Gunship Gray one. I ordered some decals from Two Bobs and and some burner cans from utley here on ARC (thanks). I'll do both schemes. The camo Bone will go in my classroom and I'll put the gray one in the school library. utley is also sending some Rockeyes, but anyone know where I can get some 1/48 JDAMS instead?

Edited by DutyCat

Well, I am not going to build two of the 1/48 beasties, that's for sure.

Well, after all that with the poll about the camo vs gray...I went ahead and bought another Bone.

Have you considered a career in politics? :P

The desert camo would be an unusual and interesting choice. Have to think about that.

The bug has bit, the infection is spreading. A desert third is inevitable, and then a fourth in the gray-and-white scheme, and then you'll HAVE to do a Tu-160 or two... ^_^

Gawd, I am awful. Lets see, a camo version, a gray version, a desert version, a white prototype version....I would become the man with four bones.

Two will have to do, I hope!

Can you imagine a TU-160 in 1/48?

Edited by DutyCat

Wow!

We had two (from seperate builders) at our club the other month. Filled most of the table!

For Gunship Grey if you use acrylic I found that Valehjo model air dark gery primer is a near perfect match for my gunship grey paint chip.

Julien

The Man with Two Bones

I think I saw a movie called that once....

But anyhow... As far as 1/48 JDAM's, they're available from several sources:

Hasegawa Weapon set D has GBU-31's

the new Academy F-15E's have GBU-38's and GBU-31 penetrators.

The Revell F-18E has GBU-31 penetrators

The Kinetic F-16's have GBU-38's

Wolfpack makes Resin GBU-38's

I'm sure there are some I'm not thinking of.

If you're going to use the 500-pounders, you need to scratchbuild the racks for them, which could be a nightmare. At least the 2000 pounders can use a modified rotary launcher.

Any more than two and you'll have to build an addition off of your home to be able to display the monsters!

Cameron

He could build the addition to resemble a hangar. :thumbsup:

Wow!

We had two (from seperate builders) at our club the other month. Filled most of the table!

For Gunship Grey if you use acrylic I found that Valehjo model air dark gery primer is a near perfect match for my gunship grey paint chip.

Julien

A while back I had surfaced an Estes AMRAAM rocket and was starting to airbrush it with Air Superiority Gray, to no noticeable effect. I grabbed a sheet of wood and, yes, the airbrush was functioning normally, applying paint...

At that point in time, I realized that Air Superiority Gray has another name... PRIMER! :woot.gif:

SAY AGAIN???

That resolution did not last very long... LOL!

But you are not alone:

Stash_B-1.jpg

I see another one sitting over there to the left. That is a 1/144 one, right?.

Really, I should not have bought two, but I do have a couple of places to put them at my school. I have a 1/144 one in the stash for display at home.

I thought about bidding on the desert camo one on ebay, but they want like $40 for shipping.

Edited by DutyCat

Ill see your 2 bones, and Ill raise you 2 more.

DSCI0002-1.jpg

Think Ill jump on it again after I get my A-10 done. Twomikes isnt going to finish the bomb bays, so Im just going to soldier on with it. Gonna get the flaps scratch built finally and cast in resin so I can get these out of the closet.

Also, here is a link for anything B-1A related if you are interested in that.

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|409dt|3365847174|bone_ress.zip|109347|R~422EF6E47BA1740AC9C986FD84A4485E|0|0

Edited by utley

But anyhow... As far as 1/48 JDAM's, they're available from several sources:

Hasegawa Weapon set D has GBU-31's

the new Academy F-15E's have GBU-38's and GBU-31 penetrators.

The Revell F-18E has GBU-31 penetrators

The Kinetic F-16's have GBU-38's

Wolfpack makes Resin GBU-38's

I'm sure there are some I'm not thinking of.

If you're going to use the 500-pounders, you need to scratchbuild the racks for them, which could be a nightmare. At least the 2000 pounders can use a modified rotary launcher.

Hasegawa's new Weapons Set E also has GBU-31v3, GBU-38, and SNIPER pods.

Jonah

Hasegawa's new Weapons Set E also has GBU-31v3, GBU-38, and SNIPER pods.

Jonah

Based on the box photo, there is 1 JDAM. I need like 16 2000 pounders to stack in the rotary launcher to take the place of the SRAMS for the gray bird. I'll just use the SRAMS for the camo bird. I guess if nothing else I can try to find some Mk-84s for the gray bird.

utley, I know you are sending me Mk 20's, but I don't think they are used with the the rotary launcher. I don't really want to scratch build bomb racks for 500 pounders.

I guess I could take the one in the Hase kit and cast copies of it. Still, that is like $23 just to get a hold of one bomb. I have no use for all of the other A/A weapons in there, as I am usually a 1/72 guy.

*edit* It seems the kit actually has two bombs.

Edited by DutyCat