Ok so here is Plan B has my 1/32 F6F when down the toilet

im building a 1/48 hasegawa P-47 with some AM goodies

started on the wings ans cleaned the fuselage

The pit is ready for paint just need to find the time !!

p1030322rq.jpg

p1030321ha.jpg

Cheers

Neo

Edited by Neo

Pay attention to the wing bottom to fuselage join at the rear, it's a less than desirable fit, and will definitely require some fixing and a bit of re-scribing the surrounding lines. Built two of these, and both did the same thing.

You really know how to motivate a modeler Brian!! :thumbsup:

ahh, fuhgedaboutit. The rest of the plane builds super easy. You'll be fine. Oh, oops, there is one more spot on these jugs that needs help, there's a bit of a step on the top seam of the cowling that needs sanding too, but it's a pretty easy fix.

Got some progress done on the cotrol surfaces and partial assembly the problem i have right now is that i take care of my dog until like 9-9:30 PM and when i get my but in my office the GF says the compressor is bothering her quiet time and the evenings i say F it and prepare for paint she goes to bed at like 10pm so i dont get around to painting much !!!!

I did manage to give the dark coat on my commision FW190 (btw this is my first camo job with my Air Brush)

Wings are free hand. Top of fuse was blue tack masked

p1030329o.jpg

p1030324e.jpg

Weirdest lookin' P-47 I've ever seen!

lol yeah is a out of scale version of a german p-47!!

Ain't airbrushing camo jobs the only way to go?!

Guess not remember this guy ! hand painted baby !!

p1030252y.jpg

Yeah, and how many coats did you have to put on each color again? Not that it didn't look great in the end, just takes alot longer to get there.

3 of each :bandhead2: !!

Got some AB time last night and painted the pit plus the camo on that FW190 !!

pics soon

Alright here is an update

Pit is painted

p1030341z.jpg

fuselage assemble

p1030343.jpg

p1030344fj.jpg

p1030345u.jpg

Now remember fellows to tank your wife for buying Broccoli so you can scavenge the rubber bands of them !! these guys dont react to glue like normal rubber bands(to some extend)

Oh and Brian i looked for those gaps you where talking about but could not really find them on my assembly! :P

Is this the Academy kit or Hasegawa kit? Keep plugging along, it's looking great!

Aaron

Its the Hasegawa kit

pretty nice little kit from what im seing

But the pit is from true details

Edited by Neo

What?! You stuffin broccoli into the wheel wells and cockpit for masking? blink.gif

Why you dont ??!!! its a great enviromental friendly to mask with organic matters before spaying ENAMELS <_< lol

Well here is an update. I had a little fight and alot of head rubbing to figure out those control surfaces has Aires (Czech for does not fit (i heard that on the forums and i cant get it out of my head)) neglected to make instructions to install their parts!!

anyhow couple of xacto cut later and multiple superglued fingers this is where im at !

p1030351u.jpg

p1030350pf.jpg

Let keep this GB rolling !!

Cheers

NEo

Just couldn't leave well enough alone with an easy buildin' airplane couldja? Had to go and hack off the tail feathers and add that resin-y stuff huh? Well, see where it got ya? Huh? Do ya?

Ok, yeah, in the end it'll probably be the dog's danglies, but was a bumpy road gettin' there huh?

Is that the right rudder for your version? Seems to be a heck of a gap at the top there.

Yea I was looking at my Aires F-16 whee; wells and all the small parts. Then realized there doesn't seem to be any instructions. So I gues guesswork is the order of the day.

Looking good keep at it.

Is that the right rudder for your version? Seems to be a heck of a gap at the top there.

Yeah its the right rudder but the wrong modeler !!! i went a little heavy on the cutting will have to fix that a little

Just couldn't leave well enough alone with an easy buildin' airplane couldja? Had to go and hack off the tail feathers and add that resin-y stuff huh? Well, see where it got ya? Huh? Do ya?

Ok, yeah, in the end it'll probably be the dog's danglies, but was a bumpy road gettin' there huh?

You know how this works Brian.. ive got to blame a bad looking model on something!!