• 2 weeks later...

LOL Ham

well here is the current progress i sprayed a coat oh Humbrol Polished Aliminium mostly so i can spot all the imperfections and correct them. I think shes ready for more paint ive fixed most of the bugs

p1030368vo.jpg

p1030367g.jpg

Cheers

Neo

Well, there's your problem! You're using Fw190 instructions to put together your Jug! doh.gif

LMAO man you just made my day !!!!:rofl: :rofl:

so thats why its taking so long !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright update time

decided to make some panel a different shade (never tried this before)

base coat is Humbrol Polished aluminium and the panel are flat aluminium but im going to do it again has the contrast is barely visible

p1030386f.jpg

p1030391g.jpg

p1030392z.jpg

Enjoy

Neo

Welll after removing the tape the panels actually come out quite alot ! :woot.gif:

worked on the engine yesturday should be done soon and getting ready for the yellow tail and the OD antiglare

Welll after removing the tape the panels actually come out quite alot ! :woot.gif:

worked on the engine yesturday should be done soon and getting ready for the yellow tail and the OD antiglare

It's amazing how hard it is to see things when the tape's still on.

:deadhorse1:

OK, so where are the pics, you airbrushing fiend? Has your GF regretted the day you bought it yet? Looks like you're making excellent use of it, Neo. The silver finish is looking impeccable.

ALF

OK, so where are the pics, you airbrushing fiend? Has your GF regretted the day you bought it yet? Looks like you're making excellent use of it, Neo. The silver finish is looking impeccable.

ALF

LOL Actually no she got use to the small humming sound she actually wen to bed the other night when i was airbrushing !! Im starting to get the hang of it but i still have trouble with mixing very small quantities ...

anyhow I totally forgot that this bird had D-Day stripes so i masked and painted it last night in white and here are the results (i also got the yellow tail and red cowling done)

oh yeah and those different tone pannel got almost all painted over with the D-Day stripes :deadhorse1:

p1030397n.jpg

p1030399b.jpg

Cheers

Neo

Looking good Neo! That big blue hand's gotta create ALOT of drag on those workbench fly-by's!

Stripes look GREAT! Isn't that just the way it goes?! Do some nice detail work like different shaded panels only to have them get covered up by D-stripes later?

Tony le tigre dit Ils sont géniaux!

Great effort Brian - but I think the problem is not language, but Neo's young age... Here is what a contemporary box of Kellogs' Frosted Flakes looks like in Quebec. My wife remembers seeing Tony's catch-phrase on boxes when she was young - but it's strangely absent now.

P1130229.jpg

In any case, little Max things Neo is doing a great job - just look at his reaction!

P1130228.jpg

ALF

Looking good Neo. It's amazing ho just a little bit of colour really adds to the overall effect and breaks up the monotony of the silver. I'm looking forward to more photos. Keep it up.

Mike

Tony le tigre dit Ils sont géniaux!

HAHA did you just google translate that !!

Actually ALF since i grew up in the caribeen we only had the english USA box with the slogan on it and i do remember the commercial on the cartoon network but I didnt see the link between the D-Day stripes and Tony the tiger!

And BTW Max is so cute like that !! Good to know he closes his eyes when hes suntanning!!

In any case, little Max things Neo is doing a great job - just look at his reaction!

P1130228.jpg

ALF

Awww tongue.gif

HAHA did you just google translate that !!

Uhhh, no.Why? You didn't know I was fluent in Canadian, er, I mean French?!

Yes of course I googled it. I took two years of French in High School and pretty much only remember Oui, and mais non. Je m'appelle something 'er other.

I think that was just Hammm's way of saying it looked great.

• 3 weeks later...

Well how do i put this nicely

All the decals are shatering #@%^#@#^%#(^!R#^(%@^*#%^%@&@^#)@^#&(^#&)^#&^@ :bandhead2:

Since im not in a habit of quitting of loosing to Hasegawa, this will call for some improvisation. found another set of decals that will match my current paint job (red nose yellow tail)

i will keep you guys posted soon

Cheers

Neo

OH MY GIDDY AUNT !!!! :woot.gif:

Neo,,I have not been here for a few million hours and you have done so much..WOW !!She is looking PRETTY...WONDROUS work :salute:

Getting closer to the end I see...

Must come more often... :bandhead2:

Bon courage, mon ami!

Don't give up NEO!

I know you'll salvage this.

ALF

+1. A little patience is all you need. Take a break and wander around your beautiful city but try not to get caught up in the student silliness. Go down to the Vieux Port and watch the world go by or find a nice restaurant at or near Place Jacques Cartier and enjoy some fine dining with a nice glass of wine. Or you can go clubbing and get your frustration out of your system! :woot.gif: All is not lost, brother. As ALF said, you'll get it right.

Mike