Lost Link to Superb Japanese Website

Hello All,

I have lost the link to a really superb Japanese website featuring a great number of finished aircaft models that have been superbly weathered. As I don't read Japanese I can't say much more but here are a few examples of a truely gifted artist's renderings of 2 models and just maybe it will jog your thinking cap:

zero14.jpg

A-1_17.jpg

Many Thanks.........

Regards

Steve

An Update.

I found the link that I THOUGHT I was looking for but alas, it was the wrong one. It seems that I had lost this one also. Here it is:

Linky

I'd still love to find the page where those photos in my original post came from. That is an extraordinary artist IMHO. So if anyone recongnizes that artist, please post a link.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Steve

I'm pretty sure this YouTube user is the one who made that Zero. The url for the Zero you posted is for a photobucket account of SK65pilot, which I did a google search for and found the YT channel. You might try sending them a message or post a message on YT to contact them and find out the site they were posting to.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SK65Pilot

*edit*: both models pictured above are hosted on the same persons photobucket account.

Edited by blunce

Hey Brian.....good tracking! Unfortunately..............that's me. :woot.gif: I used photobucket to be able to post here.

I still want to know the artist of those two models. At least to know the probable painting process. Looks like a mix between airbrush and brush.

Regards

Steve

ohh, heh. Well I guess that leads a dead end then. That zero has an amazing paintjob on it, hopefully someone will recognize it. If you end finding the link to the site, please post it, I'd like to see the site as well.

Brian,

yes, indeed.....I'll keep you posted. I went searching in Japan using Google Japan. I even used the translator to search in Japanese. Thats how I re-found that one site. it's just hard to navigate a site once i get to it.

Maybe someone here could disscet that paint job for us and give thier "best guess". Enamel? Acrylic? Oil? A Mixture?

It's just an amazing job.

I'll keep looking.

BTW Brian, I have been following your P-40 build..... :jaw-dropping:

Regards

Steve

Edited by Rotorhead