Curtiss H75A-3 of GC II/4, 3 Escadrille

Well, it's done and that's about all I have to say about it. A difficult build that I really didn't enjoy much. I knew the fit would be less than ideal and it was, but lots of putty, elbow grease and sandpaper took care of most of the issues. The intent was to use decals from Leading Edge which turned out to be a not so good idea. The roundels did not respond well to Micro-sol and were more or less a mess. Ended up removing them, sanding the affected areas smooth and repainting and then using Montex masks to paint the roundels. The demon on the broomstick, the "7" on the tail and the codes on the rudder were from the Leading Edge sheet, so it wasn't a complete loss but $20 for using just these items is a little pricey. Built pretty much OOB, the kit has a nice resin cockpit and pre-painted PE so not much else required. The bottom portion of the landing gear covers fit was not good so I left them off, I came across several photos with them removed on the real thing in operation so no biggie. I noticed after the photo session that I forgot the pitot tube as well, doh! Paint is Mr. Hobby colors based on IPMS Stockholm recommendations, not idea how close I actually came but doesn't look to far off to me.

As always, thanks for looking!

Mike

H75A3_1.JPG

H75A3_2.JPG

H75A3_3.JPG

H75A3_4.JPG

H75A3_5.JPG

H75A3_6.jpg

003_antique.JPG