Paypal question - Credit back to Credit card

Hi everyone,

I encountered something regarding Paypal recently and would like to ask some questions.

I made payment of US$46.50 via Paypal to a friend through my credit card but because his was a personal account, the payment was denied as he cannot withdraw it to his bank account.

On my records in Paypal, it shows then that US$46.50 was transferred TO my credit card on 4 June 2004. However, my credit card doesn't reflect that yet.

My question is, will Paypal credit my credit card and if so, how long does it normally take for my credit card to reflect this credit?

TIA

Gareth

:blink: Becareful using pay pal

they lie way too much, and screw over a lot of people.

on some accounts people can't accept pay pal, it all depends on their account and preferences.

best thing to do is contact the credit card company and inform them of the transaction.

Pay pal is picky about personal transactions at times, and very tricky at credit card payments, using your cresit card is easier to file a chargeback to get your money back.

you might not be able to do it easily through pay pal, but the credit card provider will.

take care and happy modeling

George :D

Ok everyone,

I got my money back in about 10 days after the refund, so it wasn't so bad. Just that my CC gave me less as they claim "it was a forex issue" to which I suggested that since no money actually was withdrawn, they should refund me the full amount they initially charged me cos if it was the other way around(the forex was in my favour), they wouldn't have given me the higher sum.

They did so 2 days later. To Paypal's credit, Paypal did refund my money. It was the credit card company that was screwing around with commissions both to and from the seller, though they did do right eventually and only after I told them so.

Thanks everyone.

I really don't think it matters how he pays you. I have a personal account as well and I can accept both credit card and cash payments.

Personal accounts can't accept payments via credit card. I had a premier account that I just downgraded to a personal account. Paypal sent me an email about it and they specified that personal accounts can't accept payments funded with a credit card. I'm pretty sure it states this on their website as well.

I really don't think it matters how he pays you. I have a personal account as well and I can accept both credit card and cash payments.

Personal accounts can't accept payments via credit card. I had a premier account that I just downgraded to a personal account. Paypal sent me an email about it and they specified that personal accounts can't accept payments funded with a credit card. I'm pretty sure it states this on their website as well.

This is true. I could not get credit card payments until I upgraded to a Premier Account.

:cheers:

MikeJ

It was a tradeoff downgrading knowing that I wouldn't be able accept CC payment but the fees were getting to be a bit much. Over $1 to accept a $20 payment. I never go over $1000 a month anyway.