Mig-29UB weapon loudout question

Hello to everyone ;)

I need Your help fellows. I recently bought an Eduard 1/48 MiG-29UB Fulcrum kit. Well I know that this is just an Academy repack with some pretty nice stuff. But that is not a problem for sure.

I'd like to build jet under Russian markings… and here comes the problem. I couldn't find any pictures with Russian UB bird carrying any weapons :( Well I know that main purpose of this modification is training sorties, but it was designed as Combat & Training jet, so I wonder maybe somewhere and someone has info about it?

Please share with any information what would be helpful.

Best regards, Edgaras.

The 'UB is radarless but retained the IRST, so theoretically IR-guided AAMs could be mounted.

I seem te recall the twoseater had a system for simulating weapons electronically so they don't actually have to be physically carried; hence the lack of pictures of armed examples.

HTH,

Andre

Thanks Andre for such quick respond!

I also didn't notice, that UB is radarless :unsure: so thanks for mentioning it. Well it makes sense know, why I couldn't find any pictures with AAMs... All I could find was one picture in airliners.net with MiG-29UB (34 Red) carrying some sort of rocket launcher, maybe B8M1? I'm not sure about it.

Anyway, it looks like UB version can't carry any R-27T missiles, am I right?

Anyway, it looks like UB version can't carry any R-27T missiles, am I right?

It can carry T, but it cant carry radar versions. Would can use R-73 or R-60 as well. And of course, bombs. I will see if i can find any interesting pics for you later. Meanwhile, here is a Belorussian one with bombs:

http://www.airforce.ru/photogallery/gallery10/mig-29ub_baf/mig-29ub_1200.htm

Thank You, Berkut for link. I spend yesterday whole day searching in the web for any pictures, but I couldn't find any full loudout only this scheme:

mig29ub-2.gif

But still it clearly can be seen, that this not UB version loudout :( any other ideas or pictures?

I also seen some Slovakian birds carrying pear of P-73 missiles, but would be nice to find some pictures with Russian birds :)

img_6405.jpg

Edited by Edgaras

But still it clearly can be seen, that this not UB version loudout :( any other ideas or pictures?

That scheme doesn't include radar guided weapons at all, so it can be used on UB as well. I took a look through my folders, but i could not find any russian UB with load out either! It is very rare to see them with anything other than maybe middle fuel tank. Here is a Bulgarian bird with 6xR-60:

mig29bul22sm.jpg

ss_IMG_0747.jpg

PS:

http://russianplanes.net/ID57504

http://russianplanes.net/ID49787

Edited by Berkut

Well, the UB can carry the same armament as the single seater (apart from radar guided missiles of course).

This in theory...

In normal operations, seems it's almost always without any weapon.

In the USSR and Ru AF's MiG-29UBs used mostly for retraining flignt and intercept missions, so most usual armament - training A-A missiles, firing real missiles and retraining in attack missions - its for single seater aircrafts.

I know only two photos ,where you can see Mig-29UB izd.9-51 with APU-470.

Martin

018213.jpg

Beznzvu.jpg

Great pictures, thanks! I guess I missed that second one. But in the first picture of Yours. I can't see any weapons, maybe You put the wrong picture? :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for support guys :worship:

Maybe anyone could recommend me nice P-73 aftermarket missiles in 1/48 scale?

Martin mentions the APU-470 - these are the weapon *pylons*. Most 'UB photo's don't show them fitted.

Cheers,

Andre

Oh... so misunderstood Martin :whistle: My bad, sorry fellows. So for which type of missiles these APU-470 weapon pylons are used? By the way sorry for dump questions :blush:

Edited by Edgaras

Hi Guys!

The Mig-29UB could carry only infra red guided missiles such as R-60, R-73 and R-27IR due to lack of radar. For ground attack misson there is offer for maximum four B-8-20s rocket blocks or unguided free fall bombs up to 500kgs in the two inner pylons and the outer pylon is for R-60 or R-73. I saw hungarian birds carrying the 4 B-8s and 2 R-73s combination during a live shooting and combined military exercise held by the Defense Ministry.

In the pic the APU-470 is for the R-27IR infra red missile and in the other pic the big red one is the training version of the R-27IR.

Cheers Polo

Hi Guys!

The Mig-29UB could carry only infra red guided missiles such as R-60, R-73 and R-27IR due to lack of radar. For ground attack misson there is offer for maximum four B-8-20s rocket blocks or unguided free fall bombs up to 500kgs in the two inner pylons and the outer pylon is for R-60 or R-73. I saw hungarian birds carrying the 4 B-8s and 2 R-73s combination during a live shooting and combined military exercise held by the Defense Ministry.

In the pic the APU-470 is for the R-27IR infra red missile and in the other pic the big red one is the training version of the R-27IR.

Cheers Polo

Thanks Polo, You helped me a lot. So as far as I understood if I'll put two R-27Alamo missiles and four P-73 missiles on my MiG-29UB it wouldn't be very big crime? I also a bit confused about choosing R-27 missiles from Eduard Brassin line... Can anyone recommend me, which of them would be closer to the truth?

R-27R AA-10 Alamo-A

http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/Brassin/R-27R-R1-AA-10-Alamo-A-1-48.html?cur=1

or R-27T AA-10 Alamo-B

http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/Brassin/R-27T-T1-AA-10-Alamo-B-1-48.html?cur=1

does anybody knows any good aftermarket for P-70/73 missiles?

As i have already said, it can carry T version, which is infrared. It can't carry R-27R, which is radar. As simple as that.

Thank You Berkut, I probably missed that ;)

Anyway, thank You all for reference pictures and help!

:cheers: