Movie: Act of Valor

This thread went a whole different direction than I meant. Sorry. What I was curious if anyone had seen it, liked it and would recommend as a cool movie.

I still like action flicks, even ones that aren't realistic... But I knew I didn't have time to go this weekend, so figured I would throw the question out there. Sorry again for those offended.

This thread went a whole different direction than I meant. Sorry. What I was curious if anyone had seen it, liked it and would recommend as a cool movie.

I still like action flicks, even ones that aren't realistic... But I knew I didn't have time to go this weekend, so figured I would throw the question out there. Sorry again for those offended.

Not your fault dude!! :thumbsup:

....... and an exceptionally bright and successful Commander In Chief, the world is that much safer.

Regards,

Exhausted

And the countdown to lockdown begins.......

BTW, if I was President, I would have made the same decision while sitting on the toilet.

Hell, go see it and form your own opinion...... :woot.gif:

we kinda figured it was time to get politics into the mix because the thread had gone on a whole page without it. I Would have written "Bright, successful and christian" to really ensure the whole thing gets locked down.

I'm sorry if I unwittingly brought in a political aspect. If you read my post, and I'm not saying you didn't, it should be clear that I have nothing but praise for the movie and what the Navy SEALs really do. I was only trying to touch up on the bin Laden raid as it is something I think was carried out first rate and the pictures from the raid- SEALs, White House, helicopter tail, etc., are all what I think sums up that brave action. Nothing political meant, please ignore any seemingly political overtones as they do not exist.

For what it's worth C-in-C is a military rank, not exclusively a political office. I was praising the military.

:)

Edited by Exhausted

if after war-action I think docu-drama format is far superior. there's a good series called 'special forces heroes'

explores some important SAS missions. The re-enactments are good, veteran commentary fascinating, and explores the success and bungles in each mission; giving a really complete picture of the events.

cat be watched on:

Excellent movie. There. I said it.

Recruiting movie? Hardly.

Training opportunity? Hell yes.

Before you suggest otherwise, take your old saggy *** into the theater and keep your hole shut for 2 hours, and take it in. Not realistic training? K, well, yesterday on JEBLCFS (Little Creek) I watched a pair of MH-60S working drills ALL DAY over and over again... deploying NSW guys into the harbor... flying off... and circling back for rapid extracts... sounds to me that if they had a camera crew in the cabin of those birds, they could have got a few frames of stellar footage without putting a few hard men out in the cold while the grips had a union strike. :/

For what its worth, the involved NSW personnel were originally on site to observe and advise... and when a couple of them flipped their lid on the douchebag sissy actors that were supposed to be portraying the SEAL's, the Directorship fired the bulk of the actors, and begged the Navy to let the SEAL's do it. They Navy gave the green light, so long as they worked around the teams regular and emergency deployment schedule... and they had to conduct it as real world training.

Haters gonna hate... especially haters that cant swim...

I wonder how many of you were ****** at the reckless waste of gas that Top Gun generated....

.... Yeah.. I thought so.

Go see it.

Ironically critics are dinging it for bad acting. A Movie about Navy SEALs, sponsored by the Navy, using actual Navy SEALs has bad acting. :rofl: Reality is unrealistic.

That's what TOPGUN was the way it was - if Hollywood really wanted to make a movie about what Naval Aviation is on a daily basis, it would be "Office Space" with green pajamas.

Havent seen the movie, will most likely wait until DVD/Bluray/Netflix release. But do any of the SEALs die/get hurt during the story. That must be freaky to have to portray your death or injury on screen for a movie that relates to your real life job.

Yes, but I will not say more......