This is the somewhat elderly Monogram kit, which means a mix of raised and engraved panel lines and nice detail on the landing gear. This build took much longer than usual because I actually ran out of Gunship Grey paint and had to wait for a reload from Hannants before I could add the final surface coat. I used kit decals, as I was surprised to find that I didn't have a single aftermarket B-1 sheet. This is "Sweet Sixteen" based at Dyess AFB in Ablilene Texas.

It's not great, but I'm glad to be poking a hole in the great Mojo Draught of 2011/2012, which has been going on since November. Good enough to end up on the back row of a large display case. More information on the 72 Land blog, referenced below. You can tell I've been mostly building fighters in 2011 - my photo backdrop was too small for the B-1!

DSC_0256.jpgDSC_0257.jpg

Thanks all.

Cameron: This one will join the others in a "temporary" glass-topped self-built storage/display box in my garage. Some of the temporary storage dates back to the early 90s mind you. My plan, once my income returns to normal, is to buy a new formal display case to place in the upstairs hobby room. Given that it is $1700, other items (replace windows, flooring, a new roof on the horizon, and a new laptop) are in front of it in the priority queue so it may be a little while.

Thanks all.

Cameron: This one will join the others in a "temporary" glass-topped self-built storage/display box in my garage. Some of the temporary storage dates back to the early 90s mind you. My plan, once my income returns to normal, is to buy a new formal display case to place in the upstairs hobby room. Given that it is $1700, other items (replace windows, flooring, a new roof on the horizon, and a new laptop) are in front of it in the priority queue so it may be a little while.

Kevin, your display unit must be huge. I can see why a new display case would cost $1700 if you keep building these monsters. Thanks for sharing her with us!

Cameron