F-8E Crusader VF-194 Red Lightnings

I love building models until it comes to exhaust and canopies. No matter what I do and how hard I try to make things work I always manage to mess something up on them. This time was no different. I am not sure how people come up with what looks like flawless canopies but this is a joke. I actually thought I masked this one off really good. Till I took the tape off and it revealed an uneven line and over lap in places. I tried to put the weather seal in but I think I will paint over it and not even worry about it.

This is the first time for many things for me on this model and this canopy is no different. I even had the Eduard masks and didn't use them because not only do I not know how to use them but I thought I could do a better job with tape. Next time I will use the masks. I only have a few things left to do on this thing and its done. But this canopy is going to drive me nuts if I don't fix it. I'm not even sure if I can fix it to be honest with you.

LMAO @ xavi84 I cant stop laughing thats a good one though. So true. I guess its not the end of the world for this thing but it just makes me mad that I can do so well on the rest of the model and then the canopy is just Blah. I don't know I may got some more work done tonight on it but I leave fro Utah tomorow and I will not be taking that thing with me. I might take the Prowler though. Do something different for a while.

Instead of the "Texas Group Build" this should have been called " What ever model you are working for this group build will be the most difficult model of your life group build".

LMAO!!! Well I can't say that mine has been the hardest....well ok, maybe a little cause I've never used PE before. Course I haven't gotten to the paint job on mine either.

• 4 weeks later...