Patton Museum 1973

These are photos of the Patton Museum at Ft Knox in 1973, at the time it was the relatively "new" museum that had been built. The photos were taken by me when I was stationed there for a very short time. These are Polaroid photos, which at the time were pretty expensive for a cartridge of 8-10 photos for about $5.00 if memory serves me correctly. Soldiers pay in those days was very low so the photos I took were very limited. Film/negative photos would have been the prefered way but in those days you could come down on orders and be reassigned/transfered within hours and there were no 1 hour photo developers to drop film off to. These are a few of the photos I have, I will post more if people are interested. If not, it is all part of history now!

PattonMuseumcopy.jpg

Buildingcopy.jpg

M-4copy.jpg

M-26copy.jpg

All photos are the property of the poster Alpha13, from my personal collection, none are scans from books or from the Internet or else where. They are shown for the purpose for hobbyists and fans of military vehicles and weapons. Using them for financial gain by others is prohibited. Thanks

Edited by Alpha13

Love the pics. I'm amazed the poleroids lasted this long. I have some from the 90's that are starting to fade. Please post the rest when you get a chance.

Here are more.

1copy.jpg

Behemoth M-103 tank in the right of photo and a "Slick" above.

2copy.jpg

M-59 APC in background.

3copy.jpg

4copy.jpg

General Patton's staff car that he was in when accident occured 12/45.

5copy.jpg

All photos are the property of the poster Alpha13, from my personal collection, none are scans from books or from the Internet or else where. They are shown for the purpose for hobbyists and fans of military vehicles and weapons. Using them for financial gain by others is prohibited. Thanks

Edited by Alpha13

Very nice. If you've got any more, please post 'em.

John

Photos of tools of the trade.

7copy.jpg

9copy.jpg

10copy.jpg

11copy.jpg

12copy.jpg

General Patton's Ivory handled sidearms.

6copy.jpg

Edited by Alpha13
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...