Coming along quickly, don't seem that complicated of a build.

Well no it isn´t.. :P

Jag har inte sjans at hinna ner til Malmen tyvarr.. I can't get out of Bodo untill sunday evening or monday morning. That blows.. I hope they keep them jets flyying.

There will be more chances :D

The good work continues!

First some nice assembly..

THis is what the vertical stab ended up like...that brass looks nice :D

IMG_4141.jpg

I have a nose cone to work on as well!

Here I have filled and sanded the nose cone...

IMG_4142.jpg

Then I drilled a 0.8mm hole for the brass..

IMG_4144.jpg

Mmm...nice!

IMG_4146.jpg

Too bad tho I didn´t get the Alpha probes as well...oh well I can make those out of piano wire.

And some nose weight in the form of clay.

IMG_4147.jpg

I did some painting too :D

In the cockpit I noticed there was two different tones of green...one for the frame and upper part of the pit and one for the IP and side consols.

I tried matching them to Life color as good as possible and this is what I came up with :

first I shot FS34092 on the upper part of the pit....

IMG_4149.jpg

and then FS34127 on the IP and pit itself...

IMG_4150.jpg

You might have noticed the lack of preshejd this time, well I´ve noticed that a black preshejd under green doesn´t come out as good, so in this rare instance I´m electing to go with only a wash and dry brush!

After the pit got green I shot some Alclad white aluminium on the gas bags, ban seat and wheel struts...The main struts are actually green but I´ll get there :D

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg

IMG_4153.jpg

Another trick here, I shot the alclad on the flat primer surface to get a less shiny finish. Neither the gas bags nor the belly of the dragon are that shiny even tho it´s NMF, it´s more like a duraluminium finish.

So I´ll tone down the shine even further later :D

Cheers!

Actually i do have a question about the Hase kit, does it need a Resin Cockpit, or is it fine and just needs a new seat?

Does any kit need a resin pit?

A resin pit does add something to a build but I wouldn´t call it a necessity..it´s really down to what you want to do with the build and what level of accuracy you want i.e. how bad is your AMS :P

The kit stuff looks alrigt but if you want to add more details there are enormous ammounts of aftermarket for this kit, don´t think I´ve ever seen anything like it.

A litle bit of painting :D

The IP cowling got painted black...

IMG_4156.jpg

As did details in the pit...

IMG_4157.jpg

and the IP.

IMG_4158.jpg

I tried dry fitting the Aires seat in the tub...didn´t go too well :/ I had to use The Dremel to take off 1mm on each side of the seat.

IMG_4159.jpg

A bit of masking on the struts.

IMG_4160.jpg

Then a clear coat on the cockpit....gonna splash some wash there tomorrow :D

IMG_4161.jpg

The bang seat painted...

IMG_4162.jpg

As are the tyres, I use a very simple technique painting the tyres...I brush paint a very thinned paint first, it seaps all the way around

the tyre rim and then it´s easy peacy to brush paint the rest of the tyres without having to resort to masking.

IMG_4163.jpg

And finally for today, I thought it prudent to fill around the base of the pitot tube :D

IMG_4164.jpg

Cheers!

A very small update today...

Painted the MLG with FS34092 on top of the alclad.

IMG_4165.jpg

Then rubbed off paint to simulate wear :D

IMG_4166.jpg

The nose wheel strut was painted in FS34127 and the fork holdig the wheel in Alclad Steel and the mudguard support in FS34092..and rubbed off some paint here too.

IMG_4167.jpg

The pit recieved a thin wash.

IMG_4168.jpg

I´ve clear coated the struts and they are ready to recieve some pipeing :D And the pit is to be whiped with a cloth and then flat coated.

Cheers!

Another small one :D

Some pipeing and cableing to be done!

For that you would do well with some electrical cord in various sizes, something to cut with and something to mark a spot with and something to drill with :D

For those intersted I can mention that I broke 3 drill bits on this :/

IMG_4169.jpg

Da nose wheel...

IMG_4170.jpg

The MLGs...

IMG_4172.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4175.jpg

And all done!,just needs a wash and a flat coat

IMG_4176.jpg

Cheers!

OH I got lots done today :D

I finished the pit to begin with...

Here´s the bang seat all drybrushed and flat coated...

IMG_4179.jpg

With some belts on...

IMG_4190.jpg

The IP got drybrushed and detailpainted aswel as a drop of clear coat on the dials :D

IMG_4180.jpg

Same with the pit it self...

IMG_4182.jpg

And the pit put together...

IMG_4183.jpg

IMG_4184.jpg

Then it was time to close the body!

IMG_4186.jpg

And the rear got in place...heh I remember this exact fit issue with the 1/72nd scale Drakens :P

IMG_4192.jpg

Had to try the seat in place...

IMG_4191.jpg

And finally I PAinted the pitot tube yellow, masked it and painted black stipes.

IMG_4189.jpg

That´s all for today :D

And the rear got in place...heh I remember this exact fit issue with the 1/72nd scale Drakens :P

IMG_4192.jpg

The fit is actually almost scale. If you look at most full scale Drakens you can notice the same "step" in the joint for the tail cone. I spent hours myself on my first Draken to try to correct it until I realized that the real thing is the same.

Great job on the kit pit :thumbsup:

I'm sorry I'm a bit too late but I found that to achive a better fitting of the tail cone you don't have to glue the two half fuselages on the rear, just add glue to the sides and on the front and let it dry. Then, when you add the tail cone it will be much easier to achive a perfect fitting.

Aigore, you may also want to open the front of the spine that is on top of the tail cone since it actually is an air intake.

Next difficoult step is attaching the two parts where the guns are, try to cut them in the middle for 2/3 and then try to open them a bit since these 2 pieces are 1 mm thinner than the wings where they need to go.

Hope this helps.

Paolo

I'm sorry I'm a bit too late but I found that to achive a better fitting of the tail cone you don't have to glue the two half fuselages on the rear, just add glue to the sides and on the front and let it dry. Then, when you add the tail cone it will be much easier to achive a perfect fitting.

Aigore, you may also want to open the front of the spine that is on top of the tail cone since it actually is an air intake.

Next difficoult step is attaching the two parts where the guns are, try to cut them in the middle for 2/3 and then try to open them a bit since these 2 pieces are 1 mm thinner than the wings where they need to go.

Hope this helps.

Paolo

Thanx for the tips, Paolo :D

I´ll try that tail cone trick on my other three Drakens :D This build is where I´m allowed the mistakes so I can make the others perfect.

Air intake on top of tail cone...check

Do you know how the air intake at the root of the tailfin looks like? I haven´t found really good pics of it.

Cheers!