Formula 1 2012

I think Kimi is going to be similar to Schumacher. He's going to take at least a season or two to really get back into it. Plus there's talk he's already at words with the team and the organization so who knows if he'll even stick around. Basically the same situation where Grosjean is outperforming him almost every weekend.

HMMMM...

Dammit.

So many points left on the track by Hamilton this year.

Yeah, that really sucks. Lewis was looking very good for a win.

Best BBC commentary on the race aftter a failed wheel change during the second yellow flag:

"The last thing you need is a problem with your nuts." :jaw-dropping:

Edited by Big Daddy

So...all change in F1 2013!

Hamilton to Mercedes

Perez to McLaren

Schumacher or Esteban Gutierrez in at Sauber

Schumacher retiring again?

Looks like all these changes means that Massa is safe at Ferrari, despite woefully under performing for 2 years now...

Vince

So...all change in F1 2013!

Hamilton to Mercedes

Perez to McLaren

Schumacher or Esteban Gutierrez in at Sauber

Schumacher retiring again?

Looks like all these changes means that Massa is safe at Ferrari, despite woefully under performing for 2 years now...

Vince

Not so fast my friend.

I'm not 100% convinced Schumacher might not go back to Ferrari for a final send off.

But if not then definitely to Sauber although I don't think they have the money to pay for a driver like that. Maybe Williams?

Best bets if he wants to keep driving

Sauber

Williams/Ferrari

Lotus if they decide Grosjean is too much of a liability.

Don't like the move of Hamilton to Merc. I'll be extremely surprised if he's ever in the championship hunt again.

He's just waiting out a seat at Red Bull it seems.

I'm convinced that Schumacher won't go back to Ferrari - he won't want to play #2 to Alonso, and there's still some bad blood between him and Luca di Montezemolo about how he retired last time. It's Sauber, Williams or retirement I think. The rumour mill has it that Vettel is going to Ferrari in 2014...

I don't understand Hamilton's decision. He must be utterly convinced that Mercedes is going to come up trumps when the new regs kick in in 2014.

Vince

It was nice to see the local fans lose their shi...

Wonder how much Red Bull gave Kimi for cutting Alonso's tire before turn 1? Free ice cream for life?

Another lackluster McLaren performance.

I'm really not sure what's going to happen next year with them. Button doesn't have the overall skills to keep a car at the front and Idk if Perez will be given everything to succeed or will become second fiddle to Button. I am kind of intrigued with Hamilton at Mercedes now that I've thought about it. Can really prove he's a good driver if he can wrestle some wins or podiums out of that car. Nico will be the true test since he's been established there and knows the cars inside and out.

I was pleasantly surprised with Massa's performance in the race. I had a bad feeling once Alonso went off at the first corner. He made it up the ranks in the first corner festivities, but I kept waiting for him to drop off and start falling back rapidly through the pack like he usually does. But he never did. He couldn't catch Vettel, but he had a solid drive to second. Wish he could drive like that all of the time.

And, when are they going to pull Grosjean's Superlicense? How many more first corner wrecks is he going to be at fault for before they just ban him?

IMHO, MacLaren is not the team it once was. So I am not surprised that Hamilton is jumping ship. It is being rumored that Massa might indeed stay with Ferrari and he seems content at being number 2 there. Otherwise, I would have expected him to pass Alonso in a fit of frustration last night (come on Ferrari, Massa could have passed Webber and prevented the Red Bull 1-2 finish). All things considered though, I don't know why ANYONE would want to drive for the soap opera known as Ferrari as the politics there would make Mr. Spock get emotional. If they are successful that is one thing, but the car this year was not all that good and it only got more competitive when Red Bull lost some of its technical edge due to equipment bans.

New rumors abound that Ferrari already have a deal with Vettel for 2014 and Massa will be retained for 2013. I don't see it but whatever. Winning and money goes to the bran and changes people. If I was a driver I'd go wherever Adrian Newey was.

If that happens I could see Button and/or maybe Hulkenberg going to Red Bull.

Idk if Webber will stay on but he'd have the top spot if he did.

Edited by Bigasshammm

Alonso is happy to have Massa stay at Ferrari since he's no threat. Alonso is happiest when he is the clear number 1 driver at a team (which wasn't the case at McLaren). While Ferrari doesn't have a problem with Alonso beating his teammate, they do need a partner that is more consistent and capable of scoring valuable points they need for the constructor's championship. I really don't see Vettel and Alonso co-existing at Ferrari, especially at the end of the season when one driver is asked to "help" the other.

No F1 on Speed in the US starting next year. In fact it looks like Speed may disappear completely and be turned into yet another Fox Sports channel.

NBC Sports network (formerly VS) bought the rights to F1. Really nervous about this. I'm hoping that if Speed does get disbanded that will leave NBC open to hiring the current commentators. Also not sure on if they'll continue to show FP, Q, and the race live. I will be a very sad panda if all those go away and I'm forced to watch a taped for time broadcast of the race.

No F1 on Speed in the US starting next year. In fact it looks like Speed may disappear completely and be turned into yet another Fox Sports channel.

NBC Sports network (formerly VS) bought the rights to F1. Really nervous about this. I'm hoping that if Speed does get disbanded that will leave NBC open to hiring the current commentators. Also not sure on if they'll continue to show FP, Q, and the race live. I will be a very sad panda if all those go away and I'm forced to watch a taped for time broadcast of the race.

Wait, What? Where did you hear this?

ABC and ESPN would most surely F it up. Being that it's NBC and on their obscure network I'm hopeful they'll keep it exactly the way it is and draw some new viewers to their channel. If Speed does turn into a regular sports channel and not racing oriented then hopefully Varsha and Matchet and Hobbs and even Will Buxton will be released and be able to be picked up by NBC. That's my hope.

On the other hand they could totally ignore free practice and qualifying and only show the races and then never show them live because of the time slots. This would be terrible.

Ok so the NBC coverage will be exactly the same as speed. Plus NBC is going to develop a digital coverage much like they do during Sunday night football and such. I'm guessing this will have access to in car views at all times and bein able to change the feed at will.

The only thing up in the air still is the commentators. They may not be able to make any announcement if keeping the current guys until they're done with the season idk. All races will be on NBC sports except for a few on traditional NBC much like they did with Fox.

Sounds like win all around.