Formula 1 2012

They used to have really good coverage of each WRC event. Now they only do a condensed 1 hour version showing highlights of 2-3 days of racing. And they only seem to show it late a night. Thank god for DVR.

Speaking of Superbikes, did you catch the Isle of Mann TT a few weeks ago? :jaw-dropping:

Yea I recorded a bunch of the TT coverage. Especially the sidecar race amazes me. It also amazes me how u really never see an accident in it either.

The Velocity channel used to show WRC events. That's where I always found it. Never did see it on speed. Velocity also has the cooler auto programming like chasing classic cars and wheeler dealers. Maybe they'll step up and start showing more races. I believe it's a discovery network channel.

Lack of manufacturer support and TV airtime has killed the WRC.

With Ford announcing this week they will not be competing in the 2013 season, its looks like they'll have to rebrand it the "Citroën Rally Series" or the "Seb Loeb Roadshow"

Sad end to a once great championship

Gary

Fox Sports? Didn't we already do that? Now they have to mess with the only place speed junkies can get their fix?

I say we have an Occupy Fox movement and we all stop showering for a few weeks and go camp in front of their headquarters with signs like "We like the 107% rule", "Damon Hill - 2 time world champ", "Team orders are OK by me!" and "You suck Fox" on them.

Let's just hope NBC does not hire Sam Possey to do their race coverage. I freaking hate that moron.

Edited by PNW_Modeler

WOW! I cannot believe we are going to lose the best motorsports coverage I have seen. Varsha, Hobbs and Machett were the most informed race announcers to grace the the tube ever, and they were pretty funny to boot. If we lose the qualifying sessions I'll be one hurt puppy.

WOW! I cannot believe we are going to lose the best motorsports coverage I have seen. Varsha, Hobbs and Machett were the most informed race announcers to grace the the tube ever, and they were pretty funny to boot. If we lose the qualifying sessions I'll be one hurt puppy.

Broadcast will be the same. FP2 qualifying and race. All live. The only thing in the air is the commentators. I believe that may not be announced for some time since theyre still In a season on Speed.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Kimi dropped in a 'sh!t' so he must be a knob as well. Honestly, everyone complains about today's robotic drivers giving standard corporate, non-controversial answers in interviews whilst longing wistfully for the days when James Hunt would smoke a fag, grab a grid girls arse and then punch a marshal, and yesterday we had two drivers very, very briefly not acting like a corporate PR dept and apparently it's the worst thing ever...

Vince

Well, Kimi dropped in a 'sh!t' so he must be a knob as well. Honestly, everyone complains about today's robotic drivers giving standard corporate, non-controversial answers in interviews whilst longing wistfully for the days when James Hunt would smoke a fag, grab a grid girls arse and then punch a marshal, and yesterday we had two drivers very, very briefly not acting like a corporate PR dept and apparently it's the worst thing ever...

Vince

Geez, don't read too much into my comments, OK? I just don't like Vettel. :rolleyes:

Anyone going to Austin? I expect pictures.

Hate that they put that race there. I have absolutely no desire to ever go to Texas let alone to watch an F1 race there. I can't justify the airfare and hotel cost just to see a race when there's nothing else around.

I really hope the NJ race kicks off either next year or the year after. Within driving distance and has the added bonus of NYC to attract the wife to.

Also Bob Varsha said in a reddit ask me anything interview the other day that he has a contract with Fox for at least another year so it's unclear what's going to happen with the NBC coverage. No idea on any of the other broadcasters contracts but i'd bet they'd be about the same. Hopefully Fox will release them to follow it to NBC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone going to Austin? I expect pictures.

Hate that they put that race there. I have absolutely no desire to ever go to Texas let alone to watch an F1 race there. I can't justify the airfare and hotel cost just to see a race when there's nothing else around.

I really hope the NJ race kicks off either next year or the year after. Within driving distance and has the added bonus of NYC to attract the wife to.

I was there for the USGP.

COTA is a nice track, it will be better when they get it finished. Getting that many people to and from the race still needs a little work. There was a little chaos and disorder, but that is expected when a venue has an event this big for the first time.

I am just glad they did it in November, not August as originally planned, or I would have never gone.

I guess Bernie isn't willing to pay off the mob/unions to make that GP happen in NJ.

I was there for the USGP.

COTA is a nice track, it will be better when they get it finished. Getting that many people to and from the race still needs a little work. There was a little chaos and disorder, but that is expected when a venue has an event this big for the first time.

I am just glad they did it in November, not August as originally planned, or I would have never gone.

I guess Bernie isn't willing to pay off the mob/unions to make that GP happen in NJ.

Or, to put it another way, maybe the mob/unions aren't willing to pay Bernie...

Vince

On a plastic related side.

If you liked this season you can get cars such as

McLaren MP4-27 (available)

Ferrari F2012 (I think available but could be wrong)

Sauber C31 (Jan 13)

and rumored Lotus E20 (july 13?)

all from Fujimi!

Also Tamiya just released the Red Bull RB6 from 2010 and it's rumored will also be releasing the Toro Rosso STR5 from the same season. (basically same kit with different decals)

It's a good time to build modern F1