2010 onwards V6 Mustang 1/25

From the Revell 1/25 2010 Mustang? I'm not too worried about the engine bay but is there any conversion available for the front bumper/grille and wheels? Any other notable differences? I'm trying to build this car..

http://www.everycarlisted.com/fl/orlando/ford/mustang/vin-1zvbp8en3a5172189

I have a couple of the Revell snap convetibles on the way and a pair of the regular 2010 hardtop kits and will mix'n'match to get a detailed convertible. Is there any source of the wheels on a diecast for example?

TIA,

Roy

Just a thought, why worry about stock v6 wheels?

Never had a V6 model Mustang, tho even on my GT, the stock wheels only stayed on long enough to get a stock time on the car LOL. Stock wheels and tires are worth more with less millage on them :whistle:

Have to look at a snap verty not sure what is in the box. V6 has a different front fascia on it, not sure about the rear.

Hi Wayne,

I need to make a replica of a particular car, have plenty of reference photos but it is a stock V6 convertible, identical to the one in the link save for tan interior rather than black. So I need the stock wheels and the front bumper, (dunno about the rear one) instead of the GT one in both kits (snap & regular). Looks like I'll have to scratch both. The Shelby bumper is closer but too large.

Rear bumper may be the same now. Don't the V6s have dual exhaust now too? That used to be the only difference on the older models was a cutout for the dual exhaust. Isn't there a newer convertible kit somewhere? Maybe they'd have the same front end?

Rear bumper may be the same now. Don't the V6s have dual exhaust now too? That used to be the only difference on the older models was a cutout for the dual exhaust. Isn't there a newer convertible kit somewhere? Maybe they'd have the same front end?

Not to sure if there are some with duals, seen one at the store little while ago, it had a single outlet. Not sure of the year tho.

Hi Wayne,

I need to make a replica of a particular car, have plenty of reference photos but it is a stock V6 convertible, identical to the one in the link save for tan interior rather than black. So I need the stock wheels and the front bumper, (dunno about the rear one) instead of the GT one in both kits (snap & regular). Looks like I'll have to scratch both. The Shelby bumper is closer but too large.

Well having Pictures is a big plus, How picky is the person?

Yes, it's a dual exhaust.

Surprise for the OH. So needs to look right, at least on the outside.... as I said, engine is not a huge priority.

Cheers,

Roy

OH stand for Other Half?

Yep!

Yeesh and said person is that critical or is this a self critical deal.

In anycase bud, I hope you can show us the build on these forums.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an 06 Convertible with Pony package. I have wanted to model my car for the last 6 years. Of course they sell more real 6 cylinder Mustangs than GT's or Boss/Shelby/CS/Bulitt cars but the model companies don't care. I finally can get a convertible but of course it is the new 2010 and up appearance. So I am gonna try to take the Convertible kit and bash it with the 06 GT kit. This may work it may not. One thing though is I don't know of any source to get an 05-09 Pony grille....

Good luck on your project

Max Bryant

• 10 months later...

Yes, it's a dual exhaust.

Surprise for the OH. So needs to look right, at least on the outside.... as I said, engine is not a huge priority.

Cheers,

Roy

While 2011-2012 3.7L Mustang has dual exhaust, both axleback sections of it and rear splitter are different from GT trim. Coyote Stangs have a larger rear splitter section with four horizontal running recesses while V6 has slightly shallower recess free fascia.