Help! Wich ACES II seat in F-16D Blk 30?

I m just building the F-16D Block 30 87-0375 in the "panda" scheme, using 1/48 Kinetic F-15DG/DJ kit and the Afterburner decals AD 48-034. Backdating the plane to blk 30 level is done, but now I have doubts about the seats. I want to use resin seats, but it is difficult because the kinetic cockpit tub is more narrow than Hasegawa. So most AM seats are to wide (Like legend productions and verlinden, I tried already). Now I have a pair from wolfpack-design (nice details on!) for late F-16 (wolfpack say it is for C/D/E/F Vipers) and they seam to fit. The wp. seats have the enviromental sensing pitots on either side of the head (they are retracted and jump out when ejected) and the "sheep" cushion (means: you can paint it in black). Are these kind of seats to modern for a blk 30 viper? Or is it possible that the ground crew put that seat in the plane? On the pics I have I can't really see what kind of seat is inside.

The fit is not the problem: wolfpack-design seats fits in the tub! But they are bit more high than kinetic kit seats (not much, that can be fitted). Sure, Eduard is top quality always!

But still the question: early or late style seat? Help! :(

The folding Pitot tubes on the ACES II seat is a TCTO for the seat and the F-16 version is work. So it depends when that S/N is due for its change. However the squadron may wait for the rest of the seats in the squadron to come due. That way its easier for the squadron to order all the kits, get the kits and then schedule the TCTO.

• 9 years later...
10 hours ago, seawinder said:

Does anybody know when the TCTO was first implemented? Is there any way to predict whether or not a plane in, say, 2010, would have the upgraded seat with folding pitot tubes?

I would say in the Mid 2000's, I was asking our egress shop about that mod and if it was going to happen on our jets. They said they doubted it would happen to the A-10 seats. I was still a crew chief then and I went up to MOCC in 2008 and retired in 2011 so 2005-2006. But It wasn't a TCTO for the jet it was a TCTO for the seat.

Hope that helps