VF-102 Diamondbacks F-14B

I started this build in 2010 (August, i think) working at it off and on, kept losing interest in it. Can't remember much about the build and i didn't do a in progress thread to remind me. Anyway, on to some pics.

IMG_1636a.jpg

IMG_1637a.jpg

IMG_1638a.jpg

IMG_1641a.jpg

Great looking build as always Don! :thumbsup:

It's nice to see your older Tamiya model beside the Trumpy Cat, which really has a more accurate looking front fuselage IMO for overall shape and of course it doesn't have all those deep rivets up front.

Also, I've never seen a better looking interior to those exhaust nozzles. You NAILED that look!

Thanks, guys!! I left a lot out of the post. I used Tamiya wings on this build as i have the idea of doing a Tamiya cat with flaps/slats/spoilers deployed, the Trumpeter wings allow this and should cut down on work. Cockpit is kit with the seats from an unknown ( can't remember) aftermarket maker. Paints were mostly Model Master Acryl and some Tamiya. Decals were from Fightertown. Sidewinders are kit, can't remember where the Sparrow came from, the GBU-16s are from the Tamiya Black Knights kit. Probably more to add, i'll try to remember more details.

Don