Most of the decals are on. Everything is still dryfit and I still have some detail painting to do. Especially to the undertray.

These will probably be the last pics before it's complete.

5bfbd01d.jpg

a6790823.jpg

921fc916.jpg

5b4f69e2.jpg

Onward!

Nice work, you nailed the colors for sure. Look forward to seeing her all done!

Is the yellow trim on the wheels paint or decal?

And BTW, what kit is this?

Edited by mriccio

Nice work, you nailed the colors for sure. Look forward to seeing her all done!

Is the yellow trim on the wheels paint or decal?

And BTW, what kit is this?

The yellow is decal. The kit is a Tamiya. It's really cheap pretty much everywhere. Under 20$ and builds up nicely. Lots of room for extra detailing in the engine as well. I did it straight oob except the tabu decals. The kit calls for ts-47 which is chrome yellow but I never saw a fallout for the green. I used park green which I think was ts-35.

Almost forgot about the mirrors. Had to sand and respray them as they had horrible push pin marks on them (the only fault with the kit as they were aplenty)

Finished final construction and added the undertray decals. Once the mirrors are good n dry in a few days I'll add their little decals and she'll be all set. Finished pics this weekend probably.

And finally my current stock of F1. Yes I'm basically just starting out.

Tam 1/20 B192, Unknown 1/24 die caste Bennetton, RoG 1/24 Mclaren MP4/24, Revell 1/24 FW19

bcd225a6.jpg

81850493.jpg

Like I said I'll take some pics with the engine cover off showing the engine but it's nap time so that will have to come later.

And finally my current stock of F1. Yes I'm basically just starting out.

Tam 1/20 B192, Unknown 1/24 die caste Bennetton, RoG 1/24 Mclaren MP4/24, Revell 1/24 FW19

bcd225a6.jpg

81850493.jpg

Like I said I'll take some pics with the engine cover off showing the engine but it's nap time so that will have to come later.

Very sweet lineup. As soon as my camera is fixed my "little" lineup will be posted. Love the Mclaren.

Yea the mclaren is a hell of a nice kit. It was one of the first car kits I did gettin back in this. Am anxiously waiting to see how Dave's mclaren turns out. I've got another one to do and after getting it out of the case today I really want to do it.

Nice job, and a great addition to your collection...

Hope to see your McLaren build next!

I've got a brief WIP here on the original McLaren I did. 2Qwik4u is also building the same kit albeit Jenson Buttons for this GB and will turn out much better I'm sure. All told it's a nice little kit. I probably won't get to the next one for quite a bit as there are other things I want to do.

Anyway here's the rest of the pics I took over the weekend with the cowl off.

28b37ae2.jpg

50e00884.jpg

428a374f.jpg

775f5221.jpg

• 2 years later...