WIP 1/9th Scale Parachute Regiment fiigure Falklands War

Hi Work in progress sorry i havent been about much, lot on my plate of late :rolleyes:

This is the figure so far, head and SLR is work in progress, the head and SLR are optional kits that have been brought out to compliment this figure, it can be built as a Scots Guard, Para or Royal Marine, the standard having a GPMG and helmeted head.. The SLR it comes as two with various sight options, I decided on the good old iron sights.

On to the pictures :)

Paragun1.jpg

paragun2.jpg

paragun3.jpg

paragun.jpg

The base is my own, The base is made of plaster mixed with brown acylic paint and allowed to dry out a lot, it was then shovelled onto some newspaper and roughly shaped, though as it was drying it did most of that itself, the figure was then pushed into it (leaving the moulding blocks on the bottom of the feet for extra purchase) and removed leaving the foot indents, it was then allowed to dry and grass has then since been added.. plan is to then mount this on an oval wooden base with a metal para badge next to it...

falk3.jpg

falk5.jpg

Hope you like :)

• 2 months later...

...Tony

......Quite an IMPRESSIVE and INCREDIBLE model you have gotten there.The base is AWESOME !!!

He looks very realistic, and the flesh is just splendidly close to the real skin!!!

Everything about him just makes ME look even more at his eyes...his eyes are penetrating as if he holds secrets... :wub:

Just GORGOEUS looking so far !!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Beautiful job Tony!!!!

Spot on! I've been studying the Falklands War (not conflict) and followed the events in the news at the time very closely. You've nailed the DPM!

Can you perhaps give us mere mortals a step-by-step in the Tutorials forum??

GREAT JOB!

Love it.

Cheers

Zoomer

Edited by ZOOMER

I agree with everyone else, this is looking great. I also really like the way you did your base. It turned out very realistic. Thanks for explaining how you did it.

Zoomer, The Camo I simply found a good set of pics of a DPM jacket and religiously copied it, I am doing this for a para who was wounded in the Falklands, I have camo'ed the trousers and then weathered everything down to age it, trousers more than the jacket, same with his webbing,weapon and head changed at the request of the future owner.

The base has been updated using a cinder that you find used as parking areas, I have PVA'd some of the base and added Tea leaves to update the soil, adding some simulated leaves using some tree seeds I got of eBay,

weatherclose.jpg

Edited by TonyT

They were still a bit damp when photo'd hence the shine, hope they show ok, added a tash out of magisculp as was requested. :

I was on a Chinook Sqn at the time and most of my mates went to war on the conveyor, if you have any questions pm me, we were ripping new Chinooks apart for spares at the time.

Edited by TonyT
  • 7 months later...