Hobby shop in Stuttgart Germany

Hi,

I will be visiting Stuttgart Germany in the coming weeks. Can anybody recommend a hobby shop to visit? Obviously Revell AG kits are a must but hopefully some Czech product would be ok.

Thank you for any recommendation.

S.

In Stuttgart, there is Spielwaren Kurz, located on the Marktplatz. It is a Toy store and has the basic Revell and Italeri range.

If you got a little further away from Stuttgart, there is Modell Baier in Marbach. It is more specialized. Haven't been there yet, but the owner is the head of the Stuttgart Model Interest Group. Opening times are from 10am until 6 pm, but is closes for lunch every day from 12 pm until 2pm.

Also closed wednesday afternoon. Contact me via PM if you want his full info, as I do not want to post his phone number or email address here.

Other than that, EVERY toy store has at least the Revell range.

Ah Stuttgart. Last time I was there I found a store in Böblingen. It may have been Zindelfingen, but I'm pretty sure it was Böblingen. I didn't make a purchase, but they had a lot of Revell kits. That was back in 2000. Sorry, I can't remember the name of the store, either.

Aaron

Ah Stuttgart. Last time I was there I found a store in Böblingen. It may have been Zindelfingen, but I'm pretty sure it was Böblingen. I didn't make a purchase, but they had a lot of Revell kits. That was back in 2000. Sorry, I can't remember the name of the store, either.

Aaron

That store till seems to be there:

http://www.koengeter-bb.de/Kontakt.html

Quite a good selection if I remember correctly but it is at least 8 years since I was there last.

Böblingen is close to Stuttgart, only a short ride on the S-Bahn.

Also worth a visit is the large Galeria Kaufhof in the center of Stuttgart close to the main railway station.

Mainly a large department store but they do have a toy section with the usual diet of Revell.

Last time I was there, in 2005, I picked up a 1/48 A-37 for €5,- and a 1/72 Merlin HC3 for €6,- so a good deal can be had.

If you have the time, a day-trip to Tübingen is really worth the effort.

Not much in the way of modeling there AFAIK but a very picturesque old university town well worth visiting.

Tübingen has the sister university to the University of Michigan. I visited there as well. Very beautiful.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for the hint I got a MSME from The University of Michigan when I worked for one to Big Three and didn't know about it...as I was a foreign student most of our classes were video streaming and only attended UM twice....I think will visit the Tübingen University too...

Regards

S.