US Midwest floods and tornados

I was saddened to hear this morning about the tornados and floods in the US Midwest and the number of people htat have lost their lives to these weather phenomena. We also have floods in New South Wales at the moment but so far I haven't heard of anyone losing their lives, although about 3,500 people have been evacuated from their homes. My thoughts and prayers go to the families of those who have sadly lost their lives. RIP.

Ross.

It's been a very bad week here in the Midwest and Southern US ...

Locally, we were really lucky, there was a couple of tornadoes spotted north and south of my town, about ten miles away in both cases ... Not much damage from them the other night ...

I know some towns have been nearly wiped out by some of the storm cells ...

My prayers for all the affected ... :pray:

Gregg

The wind has been pretty extreme up here in Michigan last night gusts over 60+. Bunch of power out, but no tornadoes here. Whew.

It's always pretty heat-rending when you hear about those monsters (twisters) and how they can just destroy anything they run over...

Prayers to all the people affected :pray:

Here in Northern Kentucky the damage from the storms is to say the least ,extensive. It was a rough few hours during the storms. All's well here with just some minor wind damage,tree limbs and such,but not far from here several communities were hit hard.The towns of Piner Ky ,Crittenden Ky ,Moscow OH are all within 20 miles of my house.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by the storms.

Sad to say but we have now lost a man here in NSW to the floods. I was talking to a lady this morning who said they are predicting 3 fine days for Newcastle in March. Today was one of them, a beautiful sunny very warm day with just a few bands of of high whispy cloud, certainly nothing like the last few days, although so far here in Newcastle we haven't had anything like what became known as the Pasha Bulker storm of June 2007. Broken Hill in the state's (dry) far west had a years worth of rainfall in just 2 days last week.

Ross.

Here in Northern Kentucky the damage from the storms is to say the least ,extensive. It was a rough few hours during the storms. All's well here with just some minor wind damage,tree limbs and such,but not far from here several communities were hit hard.The towns of Piner Ky ,Crittenden Ky ,Moscow OH are all within 20 miles of my house.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by the storms.

I am kind of amazed it all missed Louisville proper considering it seemed like the city was in the cross hairs. Guess it was just in the eye of the storm as the destruction could have been catastrophic if some twisters had decided to roll through. I saw the damage up close in St. Louis when that one twister took a path by the airport about a year ago (or was it two years ago?).

I was saddened to hear this morning about the tornados and floods in the US Midwest and the number of people htat have lost their lives to these weather phenomena. We also have floods in New South Wales at the moment but so far I haven't heard of anyone losing their lives, although about 3,500 people have been evacuated from their homes. My thoughts and prayers go to the families of those who have sadly lost their lives. RIP.

Ross.

The bad part of the storms went about a hundred-twenty kilometers south of me. We got a little bit of lightening, and some pretty stiff winds for a couple days. Hail was spotty here and there, and we didn't get enough to even matter much. Yet a little northeast of me saw baseball sized hail (ours was about 8mm). The town of Borden and Henryville got hit really hard, and I'm kinda worried about a friend in Borden. This is the guy who builds Olympic class target rifles, and is a real gem to know. The tornado that went thru Borden looked to be 1300 meters wide at the minimum, and heard it was classed as an F4 to a border line F5 (that's not real good). Still these storms were small comppaired to the ones that went thru Russiaville and Warsaw back in the 1960's. They were both wider than this one and traveled side by side completely destroying the towns. Then with all that stuff done and gone, I wake up to the yard covered with snow! (about a 30 degree swing in temps)

gary

Edited by ChesshireCat