Which new book would you like next?

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which Modern Guide do you want to see next?

• The Modern Hornet Guide: The F/A-18A-D Hornet Exposed
    • The Modern Hog Guide, 2nd Edition
    • The Modern Eagle Guide, 2nd Edition

The next book released will be Neil Dunridge's incredible book on the A-10. See here for details. After that will be Bases of the World, Volume I, which covers a very busy and unique base in PACAF. Once these two books are finished over the summer, I'll do another Modern Guide, and that is where you come in.

Your options are:

1) The Modern Hornet Guide. Covers the USN, USMC, and export F-18A-D. Full coverage of those jets is given, including ATARS, USMC F/A-18Ds, early Lot and late Lot jets, and carrier ops.

2) The Modern Hog Guide, 2nd Edition. Expanded coverage to the first volume, but with all-new pics, more early A-10A coverage, more squadron histories/pics, air-air pics, in action pics, etc. Should be about 180 pages, up from 136 in the first edition.

3) The Modern Eagle Guide, 2nd Edition. Same as the Hog Guide with all new pics, but with more emphasis on the export jets, such as JASDF Eagles, and the new ROKAF and Singapore F-15K/SG. Again, more air-airs, in-action pics, etc.

Each of these will be done over the next year or two anyway, so you guys let me know what you want first. Each one is complete right now and can go to the printers imminently.

Edited by jmel

Thanks for the input, guys. It looks like the Hornet Guide will be the next, followed by the A-10. The poor Eagle doesn't seem to be that missed!!

Jake

Thanks for the input, guys. It looks like the Hornet Guide will be the next, followed by the A-10. The poor Eagle doesn't seem to be that missed!!

Jake

Alright! All for the new Hornet book. I have the first editions of the A-10 and F-15 books and am happy with them.

Rodney

It looks like the Hornet Guide will be the next...

WOOHOO!!! Good news, I'll be buying that one as soon as it is available.

The poor Eagle doesn't seem to be that missed!!

Would have voted for that one if I didn't already have one.

Great series of books that has opened a whole new chapter to how I do (& enjoy) my modelling - Thank-you. (I'm at the 90% stage of finishing Trumpeters 1/32 F/A-18F , having found the courage to "open up" the engine bays thanks to your book.) I traditionally am a great starter, but interest all to often dwindles with large kits, but with your book as a guide, each section of the plane is like a seperate kit and the logical format of your book drives me to keep going with genuine enthusiasm.

Would there be interest in other US NAVY types? I'm thinking A-6 & EA-6B. Whilst I know these subjects have been covered before, I particularly like the format & style that your publications follow. Whilst the A-6 might be difficult for new material (?) surely now is the time to catch the prowlers before they are withdrawn from service???

Please keep up the good work

Fights On, thanks for those nice words. I really appreciate that, thank you.

I've been kicking around an A-6 book for a while now, and it would be very difficult. As you say, finding a viable airframe is going to be a problem. I really don't like to use museum pieces, because they are in varying stages of authenticity. I do plan an EA-6B book, but have yet to begin the process. The first step is to get permission from the Navy, which takes about 6 months or a year. I'll keep you posted to the progress, but don't expect it anytime soon.

As for starting big models and then losing interest, I don't know anything about that!! :rolleyes:

Jake

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I lied. It looks like the Hornet Guide will not be the next Modern Guide released. Another extremely cool project just came to fruition, and I can't WAIT to get it out!

Details in about one month. Until then, my lips are sealed. :woot.gif: