Which new book would you like next?

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which Modern Guide do you want to see next?

• The Modern Hornet Guide: The F/A-18A-D Hornet Exposed
    • The Modern Hog Guide, 2nd Edition
    • The Modern Eagle Guide, 2nd Edition

For those that don't know, what is it?

Details in about three weeks. I need to make sure everything comes together the way I hope, and then I'll know for sure. I really shouldn't have mentioned anything yet, but I'm pretty excited about receiving the permission to shoot this aircraft type in gory model-geek detail.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Any chance of an AV-8B or F-35 guide? The AV-8B never gets any love in publication form (there is not a single available, good walkaround/usage book in printed format), and the F-35 while still maturing, is not covered at all yet, obviously. But I did vote...

Not a chance for the F-35. I've been to Eglin to shoot the jets earlier this year, but you can imagine the restrictions on what I was allowed to shoot and what I was forbidden to shoot.

The Harrier absolutely will be done in 2013. It will cover the AV-8B (all versions), TAV-8B, and GR.9.

Jake

Not a chance for the F-35. I've been to Eglin to shoot the jets earlier this year, but you can imagine the restrictions on what I was allowed to shoot and what I was forbidden to shoot.

Yeah, figured as much. Guessing that is going to be an issue for the resin companies too, might not see a good cockpit (or many other bits for that matter) for the Kittyhawk kit for some time. Any chance you have external pics you can share - Looking for a really good pic of the APU exhaust area which is missing from the kit.

The Harrier absolutely will be done in 2013. It will cover the AV-8B (all versions), TAV-8B, and GR.9.

Jake

Outstanding - that I would even pre-order.

Yeah, figured as much. Guessing that is going to be an issue for the resin companies too, might not see a good cockpit (or many other bits for that matter) for the Kittyhawk kit for some time. Any chance you have external pics you can share - Looking for a really good pic of the APU exhaust area which is missing from the kit.

I'll check, but I didn't really do any close-up walkaround type of pics, with a few exceptions.

Outstanding - that I would even pre-order.

Nah, it'll be a while still. I have done all the photoshoots, but have yet to do any of the actual book design and layouts. Next year, though, for sure. It's been a jet I've been very interested in doing for a few years now, and finally shot the last few items I needed just last month.

Thanks for the interest!!

Jake

Any chance of an AV-8B or F-35 guide? The AV-8B never gets any love in publication form (there is not a single available, good walkaround/usage book in printed format), and the F-35 while still maturing, is not covered at all yet, obviously. But I did vote...

There's two books here. (No offense Jake)

http://www.sampublications.com/books/modellers-datafile/cat_8.html

One here.

http://www.sampublications.com/books/airdata/cat_9.html

• 3 months later...