Well, being that the GB is about half over, I figured I had better get off of my duff and start this guy if I had any hopes in making the deadline.

Sebastijan already did one of these in almost the same markings with the same kit, so I have a lot to live up to. I'll be happy if mine turns out half as good. I'll be using the TwoBobs sheet that I won from the Sharkmouth GB (thanks TwoBobs!).

Here is the box and decal shot:

6958719717_84b3626691_z.jpg

The main differences between my build and his is that I'll be doing mine box stock other than decals, and I'll be doing these markings for one of the MiG killers from Desert Storm:

6812608056_6b4040023d_z.jpg

It was a toss up between one of the MiG killers and one of the newest scheme on the sheet, but I really wanted to do a MiG killer plus I like the tiger stripes on the tail.

First thing up will be airbrushing the cockpit parts and as much of the white parts as I can. Hopefully I'll get some time freed up in couple of days to get to it.

-Dave

Ok, so airbrushing the white and the cockpit parts didn't actually come first.

So far I've assembled the intakes, and then glued them to the bottom fuselage. I also installed the rest of the intake trunking. I'll fill these in with putty, sand, and then I'll paint everything white.

6837268120_22bd7e98dd_z.jpg

I'll also need to work on the joint on the outside of the intake pieces where they join the fuselage.

6837266962_ccd68097db_z.jpg

On the upper fuselage piece, I installed the intake ramps, and I added a piece of styrene strip to the area where the piece of the spine behind the cockpit attaches. There really doesn't seem to be a positive attachement point for this piece, so I figured it would probably prevent a few headaches down the road.

6837265072_be97cf1ed3_z.jpg

Here is the same piece from the top, also showing the part of the spine that attaches to it.

6837265960_c5b7d7aa50_z.jpg

That's it for now. I hope to make some more progress this weekend, but we'll have to wait and see.

-Dave