• 2 weeks later...

If ya don't mind sharing, what was your painting process for the Sherman? Did you start with a flat black base, then progress through the drab colors from dark to lighter shades? Any tips you can give would be a great help.

Darryl

Thanks for the tip! I have started with a flat black by model master myself, it has dried now for about 3 days. Today, I start painting the different shades of Tamyia colors. Hopefully I can achieve the same results as you have.

Darryl

I did as you instructed, started with the XF-62 then lightened slightly....worked out nicely ( I think, not back to par yet after so long a break from modelling).

As this Sherman is going into a diorama I Went heavier on the lower hull with earth colors with the air gun, suspension and lightened slightly with each step I went up. I also used flat earth (XF-52) and lightened it slightly as well, this I sprayed on the suspension in hopes to give the impression of heavier dirt on the lower parts. The upper hull, gun mantle etc I dry brushed using Buff (XF-57) darkened with Khaki (XF-49) .. lightly brushing the areas that would have high traffic and/or use. I will also use the Tamiya weathering sticks on the suspension and bogie wheels.

Since I only ever used a wash a couple of times about 10 years ago, I am apprehensive about using it, unless I can find some in my area that are pre-mixed.

I will post pics in another thread as soon as I get a chance. I really appreciate your advice salute.gif ...it has helped me a lot.

Darryl