Well, after 5 months of work I finally I just finished this... pantload of a model. Like most short-run kits it had a lot of rough edges:

• The resin intake trunk was ridiculously short, so I replaced it with a longer styrene tube.
  • The surface detail was so faint that one coat of paint would have obliterated it, so I rescribed it.
  • The wings and horizontal stabilizers attached via simply butt joins with no positive attachment points. I built sturdy attachments using brass tubing and steel pins.
  • There was gaping hole behind the cockpit where the aft deck should be. I had to fill it in with sheet styrene.
  • The main gear wells had no walls. I had to box them in with more sheet styrene.
  • Some of the gun ports and fuselage vents were plugged up with plastic (no doubt a molding flaw). I had to clean them up.
  • The kit omitted the clear navigation light lenses on the tips of the wingtip tanks. I added some that I had left over from a Tamiya F-84G kit.
  • I added a thin weld bead to the tip tanks using stretched sprue.
  • The resin pitot tube was missing from my kit, so I substituted a steel pin in its place. It's probably better off this way since it won't break.

I used Model Master & Alclad paints, and the final clear coat is a mixture of Future and Tamiya flat base. I used Area 53 decals to represent an FJ-1 assigned to the Naval Air Reserve Base in Oakland CA, circa 1950. The tape over the gunports is replicated with some painted clear decal film that I cut into thin strips. The wire antenna is EZ-line. That's it; I'm gonna' work on my Monogram Hun now.

fj-1_1.jpg

fj-1_2.jpg

fj-1_3.jpg

fj-1_4.jpg

fj-1_5.jpg

fj-1_6.jpg

Well worth the fight, Sir -great to see a straight-wing Fury! Had no idea that Czech Model made this. Beautiful work :thumbsup:

Thank you. This is one of the older Czech Model kits from '99 I think.