MLP-2 for Space Shuttle Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me, what I’m interested in knowing is:

In my LC-39A-Project (STS-6) now I’m looking for information or still better photos of the Access Platforms on the MLP-Side 1 to the reproduction of equipment on these platforms by scratch building. On the left Access Platform near the corner of Side 1 to Side 2 there are two flatten Pallets, on which supply lines are installed. Particularly the left pallet interests me as shown here in this NASA-Photo (see left arrow).

linkespalletpfeile.jpg

The structure of the right pallet (right arrow) is well-known me, which one can recognize on this NASA-Photo

palletrahmenpfeil.jpg

very well as open structural steelwork. Unfortunately the left pallet is covered there. I assume that this left pallet is a closed construction, isn’t it? :unsure:

Perhaps someone has photos of this place and/or also of the other Access Platforms of Side 1 and the equipment on it, which could help me when scratch building, that would be great! :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance

Manfred

:wave:

umm....Oh MY GOODNESS! I clicked on the link to your MLP build and it is AWESOME! Makes me feel like throwing mine up against the wall. Of course I'm still a long way from the progress you've made, but I don't think I could reach your level of detail. I am really impressed. And I agree with Crowe, start a thread of this build here, I know many would be very interested in seeing it going.

As to your question, I haven't found any pics from the references I've gathered yet, but I will keep an eye out for you. I am studying the pics you've posted and those are great. I hope you don't mind me saving them for my use.

Bill

p.s. Welcome to the forums BTW. Great to have another space modeler here.

Awesome.:)

I plan to make a 1/72 scale LC-39 using the EDU-Craft Diversions paper kits. :) I plan it to be an all styrene version when finished. Well my last try many years ago was using wood, and it fell apart. Maybe this time using styrene will work.

Edited by MarkD

I wish I COULD offer some photos to you Manfred ... but I can't. :crying2:

The photos I've seen on your own thread, (which I've now bookmarked [i'll be following your progress on your spectacular build!]) are terrific! Are they from your fellow contributors or are they included in the CD from Edu-Craft?

Thanx for sharing your build here, and I really hope someone can assist you.

Pete

Thanks guys for all the kind words! :rolleyes:

Your nice comments give me encouragement to post my Launch Pad 39A Project with Challanger (STS-6). If many guys really would be interested in seeing the build going on I want to translate my German thread gladly and will begin in the next days, okay?

Greetings from Germany!

Manfred

:wave: