AFV's recent British light tank built entirely OOB. What a Kit! All the plastic pieces have crispness and detail level found in the finest of resin kits, yet fit like a glove. The kit was clearly engineered to be adorned with hobby fan's resin upgrades such as interior and engine compartment sets which makes assembly a little challenging, but end result is well worth it.

DSCI1755.JPG

DSCI1754.JPG

DSCI1757.JPG

DSCI1758.JPG

DSCI1759.JPG

DSCI1763.JPG

Wow! That is nice! What unit/era is that particular tank?

Tanks! Developed to replace Vickers standard light tank in late 30's of XX century. Proved to be a mainstay of Montgomery's forces in North Africa, but was loathed by Allied and Soviet crews due to its riveted hull construction, low driving speed and a gun that was useless on the Eastern front by end of 1941. This particular model is a vehicle stationed in Britain, 1940.

Edited by K-5
  • 3 weeks later...

very, very nice build sir!

Had you placed the model outdoors and shot it in black & white, one would almost think it was the real thing. I have been thinking about adding that kit to my stash (actually two of them), but couldn't figure out which one till I saw your completed build.

gary

• 3 weeks later...

very, very nice build sir!

Had you placed the model outdoors and shot it in black & white, one would almost think it was the real thing. I have been thinking about adding that kit to my stash (actually two of them), but couldn't figure out which one till I saw your completed build.

gary

I'd say get the desertized Mk II, for some reason they sell for around 55-60USD as opposed to Mk.I going for 80(ouch) in Cali. I was in luck to get mine few days after Christmas when my LHS were running 15% off overstock special.

The downside of AFV's Valentines is that you have to get replacement tracks, kit rubber ones have casting defects in guide horns, short cast or completely missing, spoiling overall look. I used separately sold AFV Club Valentine/Bishop indi link ones, but their construction is a nightmare; fruils must be nice but they are way out of my wallet's comfort zone.

Edited by K-5
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Beautiful build you have there! Did you add the cast texture on the turret and mantlet or was it already on the parts? If you added, which technique did you use?

I just picked up the MkII a few weeks ago for 45$ at a local contest. Haven't had a chance to crack the box open yet :crying2:

Again, well done!

John

Beautiful build you have there! Did you add the cast texture on the turret and mantlet or was it already on the parts? If you added, which technique did you use?

I just picked up the MkII a few weeks ago for 45$ at a local contest. Haven't had a chance to crack the box open yet :crying2:

Again, well done!

John

Well you will be into a very pleasant surprise when you open it- all the cast texturing was molded by AFV so you can just enjoy building it OOB. And to be honest I doubt I would be able to replicate it better then their CNC machine did.

• 1 year later...