ANyone in Canada see the new Tamiya washes yet?

I have been looking for them but no luck yet in any hobby store in my area (Newfoundland). I am interested in trying them out, if I am unable to get any in these parts, I will order online.

Please post if you do find a store that stocks them.

Darryl

I have been looking for them but no luck yet in any hobby store in my area (Newfoundland). I am interested in trying them out, if I am unable to get any in these parts, I will order online.

Please post if you do find a store that stocks them.

Darryl

I've checked and asked in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, Vancouver, and Buranby.

I expect we will get them first. The US is having the label problems. I hear up here in Canada a couple who work at Borgfeld take the bottles home and night and re-label them on their free time as they watch TV in the evenings.

• 3 weeks later...

I have some. They come in gray, black, and brown. I have the black and gray. I have not tried to use them yet, however. I got them mail order from somehere....

Edited by DutyCat

Where did you see them in the US, Scooby? Would like to give them a try.

Thanks,

Rob

I didn't see them in the US but I have seen a few online builds where builders in the US have stated they are using them and that they located them in the US.

I don't think we will see them in Canada. I just heard they are solvent based and the boneheads who say "yay" or "nay" don't let that type of stuff into Canada anymore. They are worried about us drinking it or something. I'd be more worried about them taste testing it then modelers.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

And I thought we got things way after everyone else down here in little old NZ. I've had these for about 3 months and a little hint for you all, they don't work well over future. It just beads up and webs and makes a mess. I have used it several times over bare tamiya and gunze acrylics with good results. On flat paint it tends to stain the underlying coats a bit (and becomes very hard to take off) but on a semi or gloss coat they come off really nice and work well. Hopefully you guys get them soon...

- Gaz

after reading tamiyas description, i honestly don't see anything special about it. it's just so called thinned enamel paint in a bottle.

"These enamel paints are ideal for highlighting panel lines and other details to give your model a more realistic depth. The paint has been pre-diluted into the ideal viscosity and can be easily applied into crevasses such as panel lines with the brush on the bottle cap. Once dried, any excess may be cleaned up by using enamel thinner. (Bottle contains 40ml)"

thats just my 02 though. who knows, it may work good.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone?

Maybe you've seen them already, just bought the three different bottles at Daleys Hobbies in Whitby, Ontario. They look and smell like typical enamel paint, the brush in the cap is very fine. Will try on my mustang build. Don't usually work with oil based paints, should work OK on Tamiya clear Acrylic.

Don

Maybe you've seen them already, just bought the three different bottles at Daleys Hobbies in Whitby, Ontario. They look and smell like typical enamel paint, the brush in the cap is very fine. Will try on my mustang build. Don't usually work with oil based paints, should work OK on Tamiya clear Acrylic.

Don

l seen them advertised but yet to see one (would help getting to my LHS) l find it is hard to get stuff since they feds put the kibosh on bringing solvents based paints over the boarder (Floquil is getting hard to get)Even Gunze falls into this category I heard so I wonder where this product falls?

• 2 months later...

"These enamel paints are ideal for highlighting panel lines and other details to give your model a more realistic depth. The paint has been pre-diluted into the ideal viscosity and can be easily applied into crevasses such as panel lines with the brush on the bottle cap. Once dried, any excess may be cleaned up by using enamel thinner. (Bottle contains 40ml)"

Couldn't you make this wash yourself using enamels and mineral spirit? Personally, an oil wash is more forgiving and much easier to clean up.