120mm Alpine BAR Gunner

Here's my latest figure build. Alpine's BAR Gunner. Paints are Vallejo. The groundwork was made from Oil-dry and gravel. The base is mahogany that I turned on a lathe. Comments and critiques welcome!

DSC00178.jpg

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

Mike,

Your BAR Gunner turned out great. In your first picture he looks a little like Jimmie Stewart to me. What is Oil-dry? Is it the stuff you use in the garage to soak up spilled oil? You did a nice job on the wood base. I wish I had some skills with wood working.

One tip that was passed to me that I will throw out there is that if you run a black sharpie marker around the edge of printed plaques before glueing them on, you don't see a white edge.

Thanks for posting.

Els

Thanks for the praise! It means alot coming from figure painters like you guys! Yes, Oil-dry is used to soak up spills in a garage or machine shop. It's essentially cat litter. And thanks for the tip on marking the edges of my name plate. I have a pretty fine tipped sharpie that I'll try this with.