Space Shuttle Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)

Hello everybody,

and today the new GH2 Press. Line made of Nickel silver wire (Ø 0,4 mm), which is bent even more precisely, whereby it can easier cling to the Cable Tray and around the LH2 Feedline. speak_cool.gif

Bending the wire was a bit more difficult, as the Nickel silver wire is less ductile than the Copper wire, but after a few tries it went smoothly. cool.gif

3rRPUo.jpg

z8FSLE.jpg

And also with the Fittings from insulating hose the line fits well. up045518.gif

When inserting, I always put the long end first in the opening in the Umbilical plate,  

LAI3v5.jpg

and then the front end into the in die TPS cladding of the Press. Line. top.gif

xiCZ6O.jpg

This allows me to paint the line separately and then finally insert it.

GwWQFA.jpg

After that the LH2Umbilical is done, I can go on with the LO2Umbilical on the other side, where again the Cable Tray with the Supports has its turn.  up040577.gif

Hello everybody,

so then let's go to the LO2 Umbilical, which can be seen from behind especially in the zoom in all its beauty. up045518.gif 

up068262.jpg
Source: NASA

Observing from the front, it is noticeable that at the LO2 Feedline there is still this special Support, which is rather thin and sits directly below the LH2 Cable Tray on the Crossbeam. huh.gif Or maybe it's a part of the TPS Cladding of the Umbilical.  hmmm.gif  

GNWuIv.jpg
Source: forum.nasaspaceflight.com (DDG40)

For the further separate construction of the ET/Orbiter Attachment, I have considered that it would be better to cut off the LO2 Feedline at this point and to glue the back bow with the LO2 Umbilical plate between the two Support Brackets and then to glue the thin support onto the front end of the bow. Then the other Support/TPS parts and the LO2 Cable Tray as well as the end of GO2 Press. Line will be installed.

The front part of the Feedline is too short anyway and has to be extended up to the Fairing on the Intertank

And only after the Flour coating process and painting of the ET all lines including the Ice Frost/PAL Ramps as well as the complete ET/Orbiter Attachment will be installed on the tank. top.gif

GmD5OZ.jpg

Before cutting through the Feedline I first had to find out the geometry and the dimensions of the Support-Plate, which was not that easy, because the parts are only temporarily attached.  smiley215.gif 

7SzdBY.jpg

With the measured distance between Feedline and Cable Tray of approx. 2 mm I drew this little sketch, 

FwcWzU.jpg

which I then transfered to Styrene (0,5 mm)

mVNmBZ.jpg

then it was punched out with the Chisel-cutter,  

gqneXZ.jpg

which then was sanded. up045518.gif

DWGhAT.jpg

And this is how the test fitting looks on a Feedline dummy (Ø 3 mm). cool.gif

eM3kV3.jpg

p2NsDg.jpg

That's it then again, next follows the separation of the Feedline and the test fitting of the bow.  up040577.gif

Hello friends,

the marking of the separation point on the LO2 Feedline was more difficult than expected due to the limited space conditions, smiley215.gif but then I still succeeded. And then I bravely took the saw, and the job was done. cool.gif

These are the first images after the separation of the Feedline with the realization that the short bow was much harder to handle for testing, which is why I had to think of a new solution.  idea1_2.gif

And so I came back to my Transparency stencil, which was made for it and only had to be slightly shortened.  speak_cool.gif This allowed the bow with the stump above the Umbilical plate to be inserted into the large opening of the template and kept relatively stable.

hVKf0g.jpg

And by clamping the template in my Mini vise, the bow was easy to see from all sides.  spiegel-smilies-0002.gif

FUgDhX.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised at how well the front of the bow did fit under the Cable Tray,  top.gif

1g3qgJ.jpg

which was visible by placing the paper template. 

ojc1fW.jpg

But after putting on the 0,5 mm Styrene support plate, the disillusionment came immediately,  analintruder.gif because I had not thougt of it that the Cable Tray is also 0,5 mm thick, and the support plate with this then would be flush, but this is not correct because it must sit a little lower.up040472.gif 

ujULJy.jpg

Consequently, either a thinner support plate ago, or the plate had to be ground down to about 0,3 mm, which I then have preferred. huh.gif

But more on that later. up040577.gif

Hello everybody,

no sooner said than done! cool.gif So I've sanded the Support plate between two nail files to a thickness of about 0,3 mm, and I have to say that I liked it better than before. top.gif

1O8mgM.jpg

txBBvp.jpg

kOfjER.jpg

Now, the bow had to be glued as exactly as possible between the Support Brackets, but unfortunately I had to remove the stencil, which had previously fixed the position of the bow. huh.gif

8D7PrC.jpg

m9XJzx.jpg

The crunchpoint here, however, is that the bow must be aligned with the Feedline,

QMeJqK.jpg

and the Umbilical Plate should lie flush against the opening of the Orbiter Door.smiley215.gif

zKyjww.jpg 

To accomplish this, I drilled the end of the Feedline in the middle and inserted a piece of Nickel silver wire as Centering aid

gH3N4r.jpg

A8IP5X.jpg

In this way I succeeded, first to glue the Support plate at the Crossbeam and then the Feedline-bow with the Support brackets, which will make the further work on the parts of the Cable Tray-TPS cladding much easier, since nothing can slip anymore. up045518.gif

Rk2hdB.jpg

Then I've bent an Evergreen Strip (0,4 mm x 0,5 mm) under hot air around a rod (Ø 3 mm) and glued one ring of it in front of the Support plate. 

vjEOY9.jpg

Then I've scratched the so called Pivoting Support missing at Airfix and glued it just behind the Intertank.  

3zxFQq.jpg

But this is only one half of the Feedline Support, as one can see in this image, as there is still a clamping ring over it, 

VpNfmR.jpg
Source: System Definition Handbook SLWT, Vol. I (Lockheed Martin)

which should be much narrower than at Airfix existing ring, as the comparison with the original photo shows, so I would have to modify these rings also a bit. rolleyes.gif 

up063962.jpg
Source: forum.nasaspaceflight.com (Jester)

Then there are also missing the wider Rings in front of the supports, which I'll scratch too.

So all in all a lot of odds and ends, which is still waiting for me.  up040577.gif

Hello everybody,

and now to the LO2 Cable Tray along with the TPS Segments at the transition to the LO2 Umbilical Plate. cool.gif

As always, before the Scratch-building of assemblies and parts there is nothing like a thorough inventory and accurate detailed analysis. smiley203.gif ... up050987.gif ... idea1_2.gif

The beginning is again this photo for a better orientation, which helped me because of the direct side view already in the sizing of the Distribution box, on which I have marked the first three parts of this LO2 Umbilical assembly

Directly behind the distribution box is with the Part 1 a trapezoidal support part whose dimensions (length L, and upper and lower width) I've determined by reference to the diameter of the LO2 Feedline (Ø 3 mm). up045518.gif

zY4bXI.jpg
Source: georgesrockets.com (George Gassaway)

On this rotated photo, one can see this here gray part a bit closer, whereby the linked original zoom is unfortunately rotated. rolleyes.gif

sZYxyH.jpg
Source: forum.nasaspaceflight.com (DaveS)

Therefore, here is still a section in the original resolution, on which one can see that this part is directly connected with the Distribution box and with the LH2 Cable Tray.  up039822.gif 

And directly behind the oblique branch (Part 3) runs from the Cable Tray, which is connected with the Part 2 and passes over the Parts 4/5 to the Umbilical plate.  

up068634.jpg

Thus, only the width of the part  is missing, which I have determined from this photo, which allows me to scratch the Part 1.  up045518.gif

mrJuVN.jpg

In this picture one can see the cables coming out of the vertical strut, of which one part, as just described, runs up to the LO2 Umbilical plate and the remainder to the LH2 Umbilical plate

In this rear view, the Parts 3-5 are admittedly covered by cuffs, but one can nicely see the entrance of the LH2 Cable Tray into the Vertical Strut. up045518.gif

M9LXyS.jpg

And in this order, I will now try to scratch these five parts step by step.  up040577.gif

Dude! I haven't stopped by and commented in a while but my goodness I'm still blown away with your precision and eye for detail. AMAZING! And also, how do you get so much awesome resource photos? Some of them are shots I've never been able to find. My right mouse save button is wearing out following this thread. :cheers:

Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks Bill for your nice compliments. :worship:

Well, there is nothing like good reference photos, if possible in high resolution, and I have lots of them by now. top2.gif

These details always look huge on them, but when I see in 1:144 how tiny they are, then I have greatest respect when it comes to scratching ... eek.gif

The only downside is that one barely still can see them with the naked eye on the model, cant-believe-my-eyes-smiley-emoticon.gif but that's not worth mentioning. up040577.gif

Stay tuned my friend. smiley177.gif

Edited by spaceman

Your search and attention to detail is truly amazing.

Add the precision of each component and the patience to execute it.

Thank you for sharing your work and in the end give your work more greatness.

we are in contact

Adrian

Hello everybody,

and now to the Part 1, which is small, but looks relatively simple, although in this image it is half hidden by the Distribution box. huh.gif

r9jOYg.jpg
Source: georgesrockets.com (George Gassaway)

After I had punched it with the Chisel cutter out of an ABS Plate (1 mm) and smoothed the edges, it was glued at this point, directly in the corner between the Distribution box and the Cable Tray,

QxNaJx.jpg 

as one can see in these two images. 

NorhL1.jpg

fAUNZO.jpg

Then it went on with the Part 2, whose shape one can only partially see in the photos, which has made the determination of the dimensions more difficult. rolleyes.gif Therefore, here again for a better distinction the color-coded Parts (1-6) with their partially hidden contours. top.gif

gyUpJ4.jpg

In the next photo, it looks like Part 2 is directly adjacent to the green end part of the Crossbeam (Ball interface fitting), what I first assumed, but which is not the case.  nono.gif On the other side, it is directly adjacent to the LO2 Feedline Bracket, what one can clearly see in the zoom. cool.gif 

up068262.jpg

And from this image I have determined some dimensions of the parts, whereby in my experience for the determination of Heights one should also use a Reference height, and for Widths accordingly a Reference width too.  up045518.gif

l1SxxZ.jpg

Since this is still not enough to be able to scratch the parts, I've analyzed this already several times shown photo (rotated) for the remaining dimensions, which is very well suited because of its high zoom resolution. speak_cool.gif

gBSiLG.jpg

However, this image is very confusing due to the many dimensions, rolleyes.gif which is why Part 2 can be seen here again separately. 

Strictly speaking, the bottom of the part is not flat, but has down this triangular extension, but which I have not marked here and will suppress, since with about 0,4 mm it should be almost "invisible" and can be safely neglected ... hmmm.gif

womc11.jpg

With these dimensions, I've then tried to scratch the part, whereby I first wanted to place it in an Evergreen strip (1 mm x 2 mm)

PtRAWX.jpg

but which seemed a bit too puny to me. smiley_worship.gif Therefore, I will start another trial with an ABS Plate (1 mm) too.

GXriar.jpg 

Previously I had drilled the opening for the GO2 Press. Line (Ø 0,4 mm) into the Umbilical Plate and threaded the Nickel Silver Rod on a trial basis.  

2ZEq7t.jpg

That should be enough for today.  up040577.gif

Hello friends,

today first again the experiment with Part 2 on a ABS Plate (1 mm), in which the slope should come out better than with the narrow Evergreen profile (1 mm x 2 mm). cool.gif This time I have also taken into account this triangular extension on the bottom, which could be eliminated if necessary. 

MDFgTF.jpg

The punching with the Chisel cutter went relatively well, so that the contour had to be filed then only slightly, 

doRESs.jpg

what was again the same tricky procedure as the first time, because the part was barely could kept between the fingernails, but only in the tweezers tip, and even then slipped again and again.  smiley_worship.gif

9UhVJR.jpg

In this image, one can see both parts in comparison, whereby the new part looks much more precise, whereby the lower extension is about 0,5 mm. top.gif 

eC6lHV.jpg

And this is roughly the mounting position right next to the outer LO2 Feedline Bracket,  

6VGEgu.jpg

which of course I have tested by laying up the part, and what looks pretty good for now.  speak_cool.gif

MJg05g.jpg

UmQGgI.jpg

Only at the point marked in red, I have to take away a little bit of the Crossbeam (Ball Interface Fitting), so that the narrow strip can advance a bit further, so that the tip of the part will be lined up precisely with the Feedline Bracket. up045518.gif

Tszkv7.jpg

Next, with Part 3, the probably most complicated assembly group of the LO2 Umbilical comes along, which presumably will be built from several components. smiley215.gif

iYQGB0.jpg

With that, in particular, the connection point of the channel running diagonally forward to the LH2Cable Tray must be determined even more precisely, which unfortunately is in hiding and so far could only be hinted at.  hmmm.gif

So all in all, a rather tricky matter in a confined space, which is why every handle wants to be well considered again. up040577.gif

Edited by spaceman

Hello everybody,

let's continue with the adjustment of Part 2, for which here beside the Crossbeam (Ball Interface Fitting) the announced narrow recess was cut out with the Mini saw blade. cool.gif

up069736.jpg

And as one can see, it's only a small cut, but leads to a clear improvement! smiley250.gif

up069737.jpg

Speaking of Original arrangement, I'm not sure anymore when I take a closer look at my black and white reference photo of the tank ET-8, up047089.gif which as is well known was to be the firstly flown Lightweight Tank (LWT), that was used since STS-6. Only at STS-7 was used a Standard Weight Tank (SWT) once again, for whatever reason. huh.gif 

Unfortunately, the resolution of the photo is not exhilarating even in the zoom, and the area of interest to me is in the dark and is unfortunately also obscured by the Vertical Strut.  up039493.gif 

up069738.jpg

But if you bend your eyes and look more closely, cant-believe-my-eyes-smiley-emoticon.gif you will recognize, I believe, that especially the obliquely upwards running part of the Cable tray behind the support (Part 2) seems to be much narrower than on the previously considered images, which however, from later missions, where starting from STS-91 the Super Lightweight Tank (SLWT) was used, which had been modified again. up045518.gif

up069740.jpg

To the following photo I will still inquire DaveS, from which mission it originates. rolleyes.gif

up069741.jpg

And this photo shows the ET-122 at the last mission of the Endeavor (STS-134)

up068262.jpg

Let's see if I can get some more information from DaveS, because sometimes he still has cool photos up in his sleeve, which have already solved some riddles.  up040577.gif

Edited by spaceman

Hello everybody,

and DaveS' answer was not long in coming. cool.gif He can not remember the mission from which his great photo came from, huh.gif but as far as he knows, the Cable trays did not change during the Shuttle program and remained same from ET-1 (STS-1) to ET-138 (STS-135), which I did not want to believe at first. up047089.gif

Because similar to here on the ET-8-Photo,

up069760.jpg

also on this photo of ET-129 (STS-126) at first glance the obliquely rising CT part (red arrow) in front of the middle strut seems to be lower than the horizontal part (yellow arrow) behind the strut. up045518.gif

up069761.jpg

And also on this great photo of DaveS it looks similar at first. This photo gives the widest possible insight to below the Crossbeam, where one can see the further course of the cable tray very well. up039822.gif

up069762.jpg

And so my previous perception is obviously an optical illusion, as I have now recognized in the zoom, if one waits until the zoom bar disappears at the bottom of the screen. analintruder.gif 

up069763.jpg

In it one can see a dark area in the lower part of the oblique rise, which I have not recognized so far.  cant-believe-my-eyes-smiley-emoticon.gif This is evidently a dark taped area similar to that at the top of the CT bow below the plate (Part 4). smiley215.gif

It becomes even clearer if one goes to 100% zoom in full-screen mode. up046118.gif

up069764.jpg

And if one takes a closer look at this image of the ET-129, one can see the same dark lower part in the zoom. 

up069765.jpg

Therefore I suppose that also the Cable Tray on the ET-8 looked exactly the same, only that one could not see the area even in the zoom, especially because it did lay completely in the dark too. rolleyes.gif

up069766.jpg

This confirms the statement of DaveS, that the Cable Trays did not change during the Shuttle Program, wherewith I now finally can go over to scratching the Part 3

In doing so, I will essentially focus on the following known images. up045518.gif

up068262.jpg

EVA1Di.jpg

All I have still to do is think about how to proceed in the most appropriate way. smiley215.gif 

In any case, I will scratch the bow and the slant as separate parts and then connect. Since the bow with 1,5 mm x 6 mm x 4 mm is relatively small, the question arises, whether I am file out the whole part, or just the actual bow (Part 3.1), and then glue on the two tiny Parts 3.2/3.3?  up047089.gif

How do you think about it? up040577.gif

Thanks Mike for your proposal,  :worship:

Yeah, that's exactly my plan too, because it's the easier way. And for the bow I can again use my proven Balsa-aided Bending Techniquesmiley250.gif

Therefore stay tuned.  up040577.gif

Hello friends,

because the bow incl. the TPS Cladding on the LO2 Side compared to the one on the LH2 Side is nearly "huge", shocked.gif as can be seen here at the ET-118 (STS-115),

up069788.jpg

it would be an unnecessary and vain effort trying to file out the whole part, as for the LH2 Umbilical. smiley_worship.gif

up069214.jpg

So I'm going to bend an Evergreen profile (1 mm x 1,5 mm) again using my proven Balsa-aided Bending Technique under hot air around a Balsa stencil.  up039822.gif

For this I first printed this drawing as a template on a scale of 1:144 in order to search for a corresponding Balsa stencil for the bow,

up069790.jpg
Source: System Definition Handbook SLWT, Vol. II (Lockheed Martin)

and have actually found one in my Balsa collection. cool.gif One only has to keep in mind that the Cable tray in the drawing has no TPS cladding nono.gif and is therefore a bit thinner than in reality. 

up069791.jpg

And then it went to the Balsa-bending table, on which the rectangular profile was clamped in a known manner between two small Balsa boards.

up069792.jpg

Thereafter, the Hot air gun was started and the rod bent under the stream of hot air around the template, fixed immediately and once more blown on hot again.

up069793.jpg

After the bow could cool off for a while and this shape was "frozen", I removed the small board and could convince me of the success of the bend. smiley250.gif

up069794.jpg

And so I could go on, 

up069795.jpg

and have immediately marked the Length (6 mm) and the Height (4 mm) of the bow. cool.gif

up069796.jpg

Now I still have to determine the end point of the part in front of the Crossbeam. up047089.gif Then I also know how long the Part 3.4 may be and can then scratchen this. 
Anyway, I'm very satisfied so far and I hope it stays that way.   up040577.gif

Hello everybody,

next, I've cut off the two tiny Closeouts from an Evergreen strip (0,25 mm x 1,5 mm), as well as sanded a bit,

Qlz9B8.jpg

and glued them on the bow (Part 3.1). cool.gif

6cCQ7A.jpg

With it then I have checked the arrangement of the bow together with the center support (Part 2) and the provisional Part 3.4 for which I used a Profile bar (1,5 mm x 1,5 mm),

g8PKn6.jpg

what already looked pretty neat. 

30k7ig.jpg

Here's for comparison the scale drawing of this arrangement,

8TPyXY.jpg

which I've provisionally laid on locally, in order to see if or how the size fits, which also looks quite well.  top.gif 

6sF6Th.jpg

So far so good, but since with it neither the endpoint of the Cable Tray in front of the Crossbeam nor the length could be determined, I came up with the idea,  einfall.gif to bend a complete CT-Dummy out of a Strip (1,0 mm x 1,5 mm) and to test its location locally according to my previous measures.

After that was done in no time, speak_cool.gif  

HVQFVY.jpg

I've marked the height up to the Umbilical plate (about 7 mm), as well as the distance to the slant (6 mm)

O1zG1L.jpg

where I've bent it after the upper cut.

53iqtf.jpg

The length of the CT Dummy from the Crossbeam to the endpoint under the Umbilical plate I have measured with 11 mm.  spiegel-smilies-0002.gif

gJ9eLs.jpg

And then I've tried this dummy locally, whereby the positioning was a pretty tricky affair. eek.gif

And as one can see, the part fits quite well,

DqeyV9.jpg

and hits roughly onto the slant of the LH2 Cable Tray below the Crossbeam, which seems quite plausible. top2.gif

Cy60Gm.jpg

With these dimensions, I can now scratch the remaining parts on both sides of the previous bow. 

6cCQ7A.jpg

That's it for today. up040577.gif

Hello friends,

but with the attaching of further parts that's another story, which is why I've thought of everything twice again plenty, especially since it is in the combination of such filigree parts not to millimeters, but rather by decimillimeters. cant-believe-my-eyes-smiley-emoticon.gif And wether at the end the exact installation dimension of the Cable Tray would come out is more than doubtful, or but coincidence.  hmmm.gif

Therefore, one does not get along without fitting, which is why it is better to proceed step by step, i.e. scratching one part at a time and preferring to test better safe than sorry to be able still to correct in between.  top.gif

Thus, the CT-Dummy had done its duty and could be set aside. 

But already with to try on the parts one has a lot of trouble to bring these small parts into position and then measure distances, smiley_worship.gif what one can see in this image. Because in order to lay up the profile bar for the slant next to the central support, I had to put (with breath hold) a spacer in between.  analintruder.gif

L4a1C8.jpg

Therefore, it seemed appropriate to glue first the Center support (Part 2), so as to have a fixed point for the further procedure.  up045518.gif Before that, I've placed the support several times on the outer LO2 Feedline Bracket and juggled back and forth, and finally made even smaller corrections (height/width) until I was satisfied with its position and then it could finally be glued. cool.gif

1yCbMd.jpg

Because if the size and location of this support would not be right, would not fit the slant, as well as the subsequent bow too. rolleyes.gif

R9DT3i.jpg

And now, by laying on of the intended Profile bar (1,5 mm x 1,5 mm), I was able to more accurately determine the required length of the Slant (Part 3.4) than before, because the support could not slip anymore. But before I shorten the rod to the final length, I may be want to make a few minor modifications. At least the lower tip of the bar under the support should become still slightly bevelled. huh.gif

qm0aSq.jpg

In order to be able to adapt the bow with the lower Closeout to the support, I had to first shorten a bit the upper part of the bow in order to attach it to the Umbilical plate and to be able to test the position. 

And also for this a special substructure was needed to get to the appropriate height. Above the black marking, it will then go on with the Parts 4-6. top.gif

FVQw6M.jpg

But as one can see, the front part with the Closeout fits quite well under the support, so now still only the front slant has to be made to fit. up040577.gif

Hello everybody,

well, this slanted front part of the Cable Tray(Part 3.4) really has it in it and has almost already become to a nightmare of my sleepless nights ... schlaflos.gif

But meanwhile I'm of the opinion that one edge more or less  doesn't matter, and therefore I will be content with an approximate solution, especially since later one cannot see this part under the orbiter from the outside anyway. top.gif

The biggest difficulty in interpreting the course of the contours in the front area was this red circled notch directly under the Center support, which I have yet still decided to do, rolleyes.gif

fIWi9h.jpg

which can be clearly seen again on this image section.

up068634.jpg

And in this image one can also see the front area relatively well, where I will then orient myself during scratching, up045518.gif

up069303.jpg

especially since this is only a short stub of about 5 mm length anyway, as one can see here. 

7Y7tmf.jpg

For the upper closeout, I've glued a Strip (0,25 mm x 1,5 mm x 3 mm),

9n1Uck.jpg

and the lateral closeout will follow next in a similar way, wherewith I will then content myself.   up040577.gif

Edited by spaceman

Hello everybody,

in the meantime I have completed the remaining CT Parts (Parts 4-6) and glued the lateral edge onto the Slant (Part 3.4), that is made from Evergreen Sheet Styrene (0,13 mm), which is very thin but noticeably in contrast. top.gif

The upper Disk (Part 6) is the same size as on the other side Ø 2 mm x 0,3 mm, and for the Slant (Part 5) and the Plate (Part 4) I have each used an Evergreen strip (1 mm x 1,5 mm)

ROFynm.jpg

For gluing the disc on the slant, it was again fixed centrally between two steel rulers.  up045518.gif

Zirdlo.jpg

33P5Mu.jpg

4N2sAC.jpg

So far, so good. cool.gif

Next, I actually wanted to glue the Slant (Part 3.4) under the Center support (Part 2). But before that I glued the two rings on the bow of the LO2 Feedline, which one can see in this photo. 

R2kU6c.jpg

For this I wrapped an Evergreen Strip (0,5 mm x 0,5 mm) around a steel rod and held it under the Hot air gun, then I've cut out two short segments, which were glued between the two Feedline Brackets, wherewith these details get done now too. speak_cool.gif 

BLjUqF.jpg

Then the slant was glued under the Center support, which extends to the LH2 Cable Tray under the Crossbeam. And that was also the expected delicate matter both for my eagle eyes (+ Headset magnifying glass), cant-believe-my-eyes-smiley-emoticon.gif as well as for my quiet hand to place this part with the tweezers exactly as possible straightaway, what fortunately worked quite well. top.gif

iz8XuS.jpg

After that I immediately tried on the bow and checked its position in the contact zone under the center support and to the slant, and corrected its position still minimally. huh.gif

fyGspY.jpg

D9L8Ma.jpg

At the rear end of the slant now this CT-bow must be glued, as well as on it the remaining CT-Parts (Parts 4-6), which hopefully still fit in between. smiley_worship.gif

Following that, I will then bend the end piece of the GO2 Press. Line also from a Nickel-silver rod (Ø 0,4 mm), which goes from the last Ice Frost Ramp up to the Umbilical plate, but for the time will being not glued. The remaining GO2 Press. Line forwards to the Intertank will then later be installed as a separate line. up040577.gif

XBOPxs.jpg

That's it for today, dear folks, and thanks for watching. up040577.gif 

Hello friends,

after the bow has fitted quite well, I then have glued it under the center support with the front slant and aligned immediately. cool.gif

x5t6s3.jpg

iSPUt8.jpg

When trying on the upper assembly group Parts (4-6), I unfortunately had to realize that this was a bit too high and did not fit into the gap.  up043952.gif Therefore, the upper disc had to be removed again and the slant slightly shortened. After gluing a new disc, the group was then glued into the gap and also aligned. top.gif

a7nGRY.jpg

RK37di.jpg

Fk31d5.jpg

Now I'm jolly glad that I also managed this tricky LO2 Umbilical, and am amazed that it  come off quite well, as I think. And since it is quite similar to the original, the considerable effort was well worth it. speak_cool.gif

Next, as already announced, I will now bend and adjust the end fitting of the GO2 Press. Line. up040577.gif 

Edited by spaceman