ARC Discussion Forums
spaceman

Space Shuttle Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6

spaceman   

Thanks Pete for trying to help me, bow.gif

one possibility would be to glue both airbrushed gutters end to end at the MLP deck and then to overpaint the connecting edge once more with the brush by hand. denknf8.gif

Maybe I could also use the special glue for photo etch parts, Gator's Grip-Thin Blend for gluing instead of CA, whose application is easier. 

s0B9HJ.jpg

I have also already thought about using of a foil or tape, maybe simple masking tape (0.05 mm) on  the rear half of the gutter could be suitable as a little support, which one can not see from the front. up040577.gif

Edited by spaceman

crowe-t   

Manfred,

The Gator's Grip-Thin Blend or Formula 560 Canopy Glue should both work fine.   

Mike. 

spaceman   

Thanks Mike, bow.gif

I'll try this stuff tomorrow with some dummy gutters. up040577.gif

What did you use it for? denknf8.gif

crowe-t   

Manfred,

I haven't used the Gator Glue but I've used the Formula 560 Canopy Glue.  I believe they are both very similar glues.  They are very strong water soluble glues that hold really well.  I've used Formula 560 Canopy Glue for gluing windshields into car models and other parts.  I've heard other builders say they even glue photo etch with the Formula 560 Canopy glue.

Mike.

spaceman   

Hi Mike,

a significant advantage of Gator's Grip is that it is water-soluble and does not harden as quickly as CA. up045518.gif

The longer drying time allows repositioning or correction of the parts, which is a real plus compared with CA. After about 10 minutes, the initially milky white color changes into transparent.

BTW, I could have thought about earlier and could use it for gluing of the gutters. up040472.gif

According to user reports, it should also be suitable for the gluing of plastic on metal, which I will try too, maybe I can use it for an easier gluing of the supports onto the gutters of Side 4. up040577.gif