Well folks, I figure I will let you in on this build as well. I am a member of a hot rodding forum, as I am building a 1:1 1927 Ford Roadster from the ground up (have been at that project for 3 years, its my avatar). Well that site is having a group build based on the 1932 Ford. I have had a 1/8 Revell 32 Roadster kit for probably 5 years in the spare room, and figured I would dig it out and try my luck at throwing the thing together for the GB. So here is what I started with, and where I am now. The build is a style of hot rod that was popular in Hawaii in the 50s.

The kit...

IMAG0492.jpg

The rear differential taking shape...

IMAG0522.jpg

This car is meant to represent a hot rod thats a driver, so metalized over the chrome, to give the cylinder heads a cast finish...

IMAG0526.jpg

The engine taking shape...

IMAG0600.jpg

Scratch built the spark plug wire looms, and custom mixed the paint for the carbs...

IMAG0615.jpg

Front view of the completed Ford flathead engine

IMAG0629.jpg

Some of the body and chassis modifications in progress and the first mock-up showing its stance

IMAG0553.jpg

& this is just me bragging on my newly acquired desk turned model work station...

IMAG0560-1.jpg

Thanks for looking in, I have never detailed a model car so much as this, but the way the folks here on this board build models have inspired me to take my building to a whole 'nuther level! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Louie,

Now that you have had your celebratory booze-up it's time to get back to this...The party is over ... :whistle:

Teasing apart, how are you doing with this...I know you have many projects on the go.so wondered ...or are you doing up that truck that your Father got. :coolio:

Post soon... :wave:

Edited by HOLMES

thanks Speedster...

Holmes, I take the roadster out every so often and slap a little squadron putty here and there. It has some various holes that I have filled, and I am removing all the door handles. Its going to be black more than likely so its gotta be pretty smooth. Just taking my time, and yup a ton of projects. Unfortunately the deal with my fathers truck fell through, and I had made up my mind to build the model with the truck here so I got the colors correct. So its (the truck) on the back burner, and now back to all my beloved P-51 Mustangs. When I get the roadster in primer I will post up a picture. I also have some planning to do with the interior, as lowering the body over the frame (channeling) has complicated the interior fit....nothing new with building a hot rod.

Hey, I did find a few pics of the model I took a while back, rear view mock up and bobbed rear fenders.

IMAG1183.jpg

And this pic showed me a huge twist in the frame that I didnt realize was there.

IMAG1182.jpg

The banjo rear end, with a quick change center section, and I have added the brake plumbing.

IMAG1184.jpg

• 3 weeks later...