Who here builds more than one catagory of models?

I'm mainly a plane guy, they make up about 85% of my stash. Any type, any time period, any scale, any medium.

THe next biggest category is cars at about 10%. Mainly 24/25th whatever looks good :)

THe rest is scifi, moving targets, and 1floating target ;)

Denzil

I've dabbled in just about everything except for surface ships. I've done (or have kits of):

Sci Fi

Real Space

Planes (modern and WW2, plus civilian)

Cars (race cars mainly, Indy, F1 and Nascar, but some stock and some Rally subjects as well)

A tiny bit of Armor (haven't built anything, but I have a couple kits of stuff I want to do)

Submarines (modern as opposed to WW2 stuff)

As for other than static, I have built one RC car, which was a Tamiya Indy Lola almost 20 years ago. I've also flown model rockets and some of those were scale models. A few of my scale rocket kits are model rockets since that is the only way to get some subjects (such as the Estes Mercury Atlas I have). I've also flown the park flyer RC planes. I've not finished a kit, but I have a couple stick and tissue balsa models as well and have a three quarters finished RC rocket glider in my stash.

My kit stash and finished models are comprised of about 95% 1/72 WWII aircraft. But I dabble in other genres occaisionally. I built the old Revell USS Arizona a couple years ago, and back in the 90s I built a model of my car (a 1980 Mustang) and a T.Rex skeleton. I've also been known to build a sci-fi subject now and then, and I've even been tinkering off-and-on with the Monogram Snap-Tite HO scale Union Pacific Big Boy locomotive. I think about the only thing I haven't really built is a serious armor or figure subject (I glued a few tanks together as a kid, but I don't really count those as "serious" models.)

SN

Aircraft: Civil and Military. WWI through Modern in 1/48 and 1/32.

Autos: Cars SUV's and Fire Trucks (I have all of the old American LaFrance Fire Truck Models in the stash)

Sci-Fi: Star Trek and Star Wars. Plus the 1/128 Seaview with a lighting kit'

Realspace: ISS w/shuttle. Apollo 1/96 Saturn V with a scratch MLP/LUT. Mercury and Gemini spacecraft Plus 1/72 747/SCA w/Shuttle

Ships: 1/350 plastic USS Enterprise USS New Jersey, USS Arizona, USS Hornet W/extras

Plus: USS Constitution (revell 1/96) and HMS Victory (Heller 1/100)I have two of each of these and the current uss Constitution build is my sixth. I also have several wooden ship kits from Model Shipways, Mantua, Artesia Lania and several others.

I mainly do 1/48 WWII aircraft, but I have done Sci-Fi but only Fine Molds Star Wars subjects. I used to do Nascar models especially the old MPC Winston Cup cars from the 70's mainly Mopars but the price on E-bay was just way to crazy for some of the cars, Then did some Armor, some jets mainly Vietnam era, but my main modeling subject is WWII aircraft, Rob

I was doing mostly HO scale trains for years but got pretty bored with that. Combined with a move to a new house and having to re-start the train layout (again) - well that just de-motivated me. So I am back to planes. Mostly 1/48 modern fighters. It is fulfilling my wanting to be a fighter pilot when I was a kid, but not being able to cuz of bad eyes.

As of now, since I have just returned to modelling:

Ships

armor

military aircraft

military Figures

sci-fi

Automotive

Just recently purchased the Cylon Raider from the newer BSG series (have the Viper MKII and MKVII on order) and have the Fibre Optic ST Enterprise. Only have a small stash of 35 kits of various genres atm but its growing each week biggrin.gif .

Darryl

I like it all, although I haven't really built (read completed) many. I have Jets, Props, Armor, Cars, Ships and some Sci-fi in my collection. I have about 8 aircraft at various completion states, 2 finished armor models (plus a couple others stalled and one near complete), a couple ships at various points but no cars or sci-fi started...

:huh: too many things interest me I guess.

I build almost planes almost exclusively. I've built 215 kits since I got back into the hobby in 2003 and only 13 weren't planes (9 rockets/missiles, 1 sub, 1 ship, 1 Apollo-Soyuz link, 1 Apollo landing site).

On the other hand, I do build flying model rockets. I have quite a few of those.

:cheers:

Mike

Mike,

215 is a very impressive (to me anyhow) number to have completed. :cheers: Well-done!

John

If it is 1/72nd scale I will build it:

Aircraft

Armor

Boats

Sci-Fi

Will also do other scales as needed (mainly sci-fi but a couple 35th scale armor and 48th scale planes in the stash)

Will also build figures (mainly fantasy or sci-fi)

and Autos but they pretty much need to be Movie/TV related or designed by Tom Daniels.

Hey-

A very diverse group we have here! I build mostly a split between autos and aircraft. Airplanes because I love the history, autos for the creativity you can put into them. I also build the occasional ship or figure or even a Japanese Temple.

For other stuff, sometimes I build costume props for sci-fi or anime conventions. Anyone else into steampunk? I've been building steampunk weapons lately.

Phil

Only one type of subject for me, but three categories of build: 'Snigger', 'Guffaw' and 'Aaarg! Need Tena for men...'! :bandhead2:

However, constantly prey to temptation (lately, the siren-song of the Zvezda 1/35 T-90) -or sometimes a bit off the beaten track: the Doyusha 'Himeji-jo' 17th Century castle, or Aoshima 'Ryo Ei *****' squid boat... maybe one day. (As in 'maybe one day I'll actually FINISH something!')

Huh? "*****": The Censor doesn't like common Japanese nautical names? OK: Mike Alpha Romeo Uniform.

Edited by ChippyWho

I like taking breaks and changing subjects.

In my stash is:

1/72 WWII aircraft and armor

1/700 WWII ships. I find 1/700 ships the most impressive models when done right with etching and rigging.

1/24 90's and 80's Japanese cars.

Gundam (HG and MG)

I guess the only things that's not in the stash are motorcycles and figures.

I build mostly 1/72 aircraft. I have a few 1/48 planes, a handful of 1/32 scale planes, and a decent sized collection of 1/72 and 1/35 armor. I like ships, but stink at building them, so I don't go down that route any more.

I would be interested in trying my hand at some real-space subjects, but with as little time as I have for modeling lately, I stick to what gives me the most satisfaction. Little prob driven airplanes. :)