BOA Agency v. Nazca Decals

I've found two potential decals sheets for a LOT Polish Airlines Embraer 170. It's the "Kraków and the Małopolska" scheme, with a fragment of Leonardo da Vinci's "Lady with an Ermine" on the tail.

The two sheets, over at Airline Hobby, are here and here. Anybody with experiences with BOA Agency or Nazca? What are the pros and cons of these two?

Also, the BOA Agency sheet references the Skyline kit. Is that just a rebox of the Hasegawa mold? (Or perhaps both are a rebox of something else).

Hi David,

I just completed the same plane with the same Nazca decals and they were just fantastic. It is a wonderful livery. I highly recommend Nazca. They went on well and conformed nicely using the usual setting solutions. I also recently decaled a Tu-154 with BOA Cubana decals and found them very fragile. I had to touch up a few spots that flaked off. It might have been due to my clumbsiness though. Either way, the Tu-154 now sits once again on the shelf of doom awaiting inspiration.

Sorry, can't help with your reboxing question.

Cheers,

John

Hi David,

I have been using Nazca decals for quite a long time now, and I have been alway happy about the result. I did some airplanes with BOA decals, and as John said they are very fragile... I had quite a good result as well, but I would still recommend you Nazca

as a first choice.

Enjoy modeling,

Boz

That could be. I have only been able to find the Hasegawa plastic and the Authentic Airliners resin. Also, I found the Nazca web site, and they reference Authentic Airliners.

Just ordered the decals from Nazca. I'm going to be in Kobe in a couple of weeks, wonder if I can pick up the Hasegawa kit then?

I found an example of the Hasegawa kit withe the Nazca decals here; looks good!

• 2 weeks later...

Just received the Nazca decals.

EX-CEL-LENT!

Along with the actual livery, a sheet of panel, engine, and other details are provided that will really make this model shine!

Thank You Nazca team!

:cheers: