Still more eBay insanity

It really astonishes me what people will pay for stuff on eBay, except when I am selling it. Here is a Hawkeye 1/72 P-51B corrected wing that went for over $50.00! I suggested to Chris Bucholtz of Obsureco that he release a dropped flap correct wing for the Hasegawa or Academy P-51B.

clicky

While some see "insanity" in some of these deals, there ARE two happy folks. The buyer and the seller. "One man's junk is another mans treasure.. If the buyer is willing to pay the price, who are we to

to condemn him or her ? If you yourself sold something for a grape ape price, wouldn't you be happy also ?? I think you would..

We all have to establish our monetary thresholds and spend as we see fit...

$50.00 IS kinda of allot though....

Frank C.

Guess it depends on the buyers need to have the corrected wings on his model. confused0082-1.gif

So, while I would be reluctant to pay that much now 3874e2c6.gif, maybe at another time and for a reason, it would make sence.

As the part is out of production, that lends its self to the free market system of evaluation .5b2a21ad.gif

Wow. over the years I have collect a bunch (not sure 12 plus) but never paid more than $12 for them with half bought with the kit.

It might be time to sell some .

They are still some of the best resin I have seen and fit is excellant but $53.

Rick

Being one who "overpays" on ebay once in awhile, my response is this: When you spend 200-400 hours on a single model, what's another $50-$100 in parts? Yesterday I bought another Cutting Edge slatted wing conversion for 1/32 Tamiya F-4 kits for $81, about double what it cost new. Why? Because they don't make this conversion set any more and it's still the best one available if you want a unique build, Isradecal kit included. Anybody can make a non-slatted version OOB, so if you want something unique, you need to pay.