looking good Ham

Meh. Slowly I'm leanin more n more to stickin to autos. Put the tail on. Had a slight gap I wasn't a fan of so I took it back off sanded it and tried to put it on again. Tried being the operative word as I completely fd it up. Took it off a second time and sanded it down along with the top of the fuse where it connects. Reattached it with plastic cement this time. Will clean up the join and then have to reprint the whole area. Oh well.

Plus I realized I out part of the engine exhaust on upside down. No fixin that now.

Just finished the respray. Once it's good n dry I'll hit it with the Future. Hopefully decals will be all complete by the end of the weekend. Then Assemble the gear and she'll be almost there. Not going to win any awards. Too many mistakes.

frustrating

Gaaaaahh this is just one of those builds. Anyway was finishing up the decals this morning and my 2 yr old decides to sit on my lap. Then for whatever reason she karate chopped the nose of the jet. Amazingly the only thing that happened is it broke loose the resin front wheel well. So I have to figure a way to re-glue it.

Hows come TwoBobs doesn't ever do any decals for the gas bags? I've got these three 2Bs sheets and not one of them has stencils for the drop tanks. Will have to use the kit's decals for them. Once I get the nose wheel sorted it'll almost be time to affix the gear and get all the pylons and tanks on.

Almost there. Pics later

Decals are done

a4757e09.jpg

8aaf212d.jpg

b5974da6.jpg

Having a hell of a time with the nose art decal. It's so thick that it won't conform over the sensor bump that is in the area. I've used generous amounts of Micro Sol and still nothing. I'll keep at it but this may be the best it'll get.

0fc0d17e.jpg

I'll seal them tonight hopefully and get it ready for the dull cote. After that Just the gear and pylons and some general weathering but not much probably.

Also have to finish the seat. and attach the rest of the covers.

Legs!

752dfdf5.jpg

Lil bit of detail painting to do then will fit the main doors and the tires. Just using the set of kit tires that looked similar to those used. Decided not to order anymore parts.

Hopefully I'll have a day off tomorrow and can do a lot of work to it.

Just have to paint the boarding ladder and a few small things in the wheel bay and I'll be callin it done. No real weathering. I don't really know how to weather modern jets and have never been a fan of panel washes. Think they look too fake for me. We'll call it that it just had a bath.

It's not perfect and not a contest bird as I originally hoped it to be but I'm a fair bit happy with it. If sun cooperates tomorrow I'll have pics.