New LVM Detail Kit for Revell Space Shuttle Launch Tower

Hi guys,

today I would like to present you the new LC-39 Detail Kit No. 4 of LVM Studios for the two old Revell kits for the Launch Tower with and without Space Shuttle & Rocket Boosters (4911 and/or 4910), with which I would like to supplement kit 4911 in my major project Space Shuttle Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 .

I had presented the first three LVM Detail kits already in former times in an extra thread (German) Detail Kits for Revell Space Shuttle Launch Tower.

The LC39 Detail Kits are intended to detail the old Revell Launch Tower kits as it existed in the early part of the Shuttle program. The scale problems of the Revell kits are well-known, while the scale of the kits corresponds to about 1/160, on the kits 1/144 is indicated. The LVM Kits supplement the Launch towers up through details, which are missing in the Revell kits, whereby certain adjustments take place to the old scale.

With kits of LVM it concerns photo etching (PE) parts out of thin brass sheet metal, with which very finely detailed structures can be produced as well known.

To Detail Kit No. 4 further belongs a CD-ROM with building guidances of all past detail kits, which are rich illustrated in detail descriptive and by designs and photos, as well as a selection of reference photos.

5t27.jpg

2yvoq.jpg

This detail kit contains 3 PE sheets (2*A4 + 1*A6), 1 bag with plastic profiles and a bundle of wire (0.3 mm) for detailing the exterior of the FSS Tower by more than 120 PE detail parts.

lc39s4pe1.jpg

lc39s4pe2.jpg

6dro.jpg

Thus the following building groups of the Revell Kit can be detailed:

- Platforms from FSS to MLP

- Orbiter Access Arm (OAA), with arm lock

- Intertank Access Arm (IAA)

- GOX Arm, with arm lock

- Emergency Egress System (ESS), including 5 baskets

- Cable Trays for the back side of FSS

- Camera platforms, Cable trays and Pipings for the right and left side of FSS

- Walkways from the FSS towards the RSS for different level

And here is a selection of LVM photos, which demonstrate the (old and) new LC-Details impressively:

lc39detailset41.jpg

lc39detailset43.jpg

lc39detailset44.jpg

lc39detailset47.jpg

The price for this Detail Kit is 110.50 Euros.

All in all without a doubt an outstanding kit in continuation of LVM's LC-39 Detail Kit series for ambitious and experienced real space modelers that will really make the old Revell kits outstanding.

:wave:

Edited by spaceman

Thanks Mark for that link to yours thread Revell 1/144 space shuttle Launch Complex - Part 1, which I will study exactly. Afterwards I to ask to surely have. Yours build looks really great so far. :rolleyes:

Is there a default in LVM's building guidance to stabilize the FSS platforms by plastic pofiles or was that your resolution?

Is there a default in LVM's building guidance to stabilize the FSS platforms by plastic pofiles or was that your resolution?

That was my idea. I noticed that the levels were quite flexible and could use some kind of support. They have beams under them in real life, so that's what I added.

Edited by indydog