A very neglected Focke-Wulf

This older 1/48 scale Otaki Fw 190 is not a very accurate kit and I decided to use this kit as a painting experiment and built and finished this one as derelict Fw 190A-8 that has been sitting outside exposed to the elements for an extended period of time and has badly faded paint on it. I don't usually weather my models very much so this is really was an experiment in adding extreme weathering to a model, some of the weathering was done by some dry brushing but most of it was done with the airbrush by spraying light coats of various shades of enamel gray paint. Only the undersurfaces were pre-shaded, all the uppersurface weathering was done after all the markings were on the model so they would look as faded out as the rest of the paint job.

Paints used were Model Master enamels, markings came from my decal spares box.

401628404.jpg

401628407.jpg

401628467.jpg

401628471.jpg

401628466.jpg

401628400.jpg

401628397.jpg

401628465.jpg

401628403.jpg

Matrixone

Edited by matrixone

Nothing less than fantastic, was we've seen you do. The photography is excellent, however the subject lends itself to that rather well.

...I agree with Clif....

And I think you have the black and white/old photography down to an art now...BRAVO... :yahoo::yahoo: