Hey folks,

We're getting ready to buy a different house and I'm thinking that the hvac unit on the one that we're looking at is too small. I'm in West Texas, so the summers can get brutal.

The house is around 2300 square feet, but we're in West Texas so the summers can get pretty brutal.

The outside unit is a Lennox HS29-036-1p serial # 5801J-24048.

From what I can tell this is a 3 ton unit, which would be pretty undersized for the house. Am I right in thinking that, or does the unit inside the house come into play (I thought that was only the blower and heater though).

John

Hey folks,

We're getting ready to buy a different house and I'm thinking that the hvac unit on the one that we're looking at is too small. I'm in West Texas, so the summers can get brutal.

The house is around 2300 square feet, but we're in West Texas so the summers can get pretty brutal.

The outside unit is a Lennox HS29-036-1p serial # 5801J-24048.

From what I can tell this is a 3 ton unit, which would be pretty undersized for the house. Am I right in thinking that, or does the unit inside the house come into play (I thought that was only the blower and heater though).

John

the part inside the house is whats moving the air, the outside is just the condenser unit. now i may be wrong but from what i've picked up from a buddy in the business is the efficiency of the system. i think 3-5 ton air handlers are the norm for regular homes.