This is the 1/35 Italeri M998 Hmmwv. I built this to represent The Hum-v we had at our shop when I was in the Army. It is marked as Bravo 210 26FS 3rd ID. The wheels are from Tank workshop, interior supplies are from verlinden, tamiya, and maybe some others I cant remember. It's painted with Model master acrylic, it's a mix of desert sand and wood. I applied a lot of mud using Liquitex gloss super gel and 3 different shades of cheap craft store paint to tint the gel. I also used the hair spray technique over a base coat of green, black and silver to get a chipping effect. I think I covered most of that in mud. I really hope it created a good 3d effect to the weathering. Well thanks for stopping by and comments are welcome.

49.JPG

50.JPG

51.JPG

52.JPG

53.JPG

54.JPG

well since no one has anything to say i'll post on here what a few people on another forum said. what have you done to that poor humvee!!!! if you cant do good weathering then don't do it, the front grill is pushed in. to much mud on the tires, to much mud over all. there should be more contrast in the mud.

well I listened and tried again at the weathering. I removed a lot of the mud, which was not an easy thing to do. I then repaired the front grill by cutting the sides with a razor blade and pulled it forward and held it forward with a strip of styrene. I then went outside and got some real Georgia red clay. I mixed up a new batch of fake mud trying to get the color to match the real stuff. I then lightly applied it to the tires and around were i thought it might would splash up. Hopefully now i have a good mix of old dry mud and fresh mud.

61.JPG