1/35 M-ATV mrap (Panda) wip

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Skuki's back! Surely this will be the greatest MRAP of them all. Whose crows set is that? You've made me pull my kit out and go through the box again, you know.

Cheers!

chuk

Hey chuck, glad that I could contribute to the pulling :) The crows is from Blast model. It is very accurate and the details are at the right places. The shape is accurate also , which is quite difficult to acchive in IMO with this particular subject. Some fitting is required but nothing serious.

cya

How's the kit itself?

Crisp moldings? Flash? Sharp or soft detail? Good fit and assembly?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Oh, I'm sorry, I obviously missed your question :(

The molding is quite good, details are very well done, and are more sharp than soft. But, most of all, the details are accurate and on right places. PHOTO ETCHED part are also very very useful and accurate. There is some cleaning of the flash required but nothing serious. Dry fit is a must, and some holes should be drilled a bit more to enlarge them so that the other part can fit better.

Overall, excellent and accurate kit with lots of detail, especially chassis and suspension is accurately represented.

Sorry again

Hello Skuki, are the electric and hydro lines form a aftermarket kit you can buy or did you manufacture yourself? GREAT JOB!

Thank you , George

hi, tnx,

these are not mart of the kit or aftermarket.

I've used the lead wire when I needed soft wire, and sometimes plain wire. Somwhere I used the spring tube with the wire that goes through it, to keep the shape of the spring.

You can find various sizes spring tubes that I've used here (search for spring tubes):

http://www.mediamixhobby.com.sg/shop/catalogsearch/result/index/?cat=122&manufacturer=87&p=1&q=Tuner+Model+Manufactory+spring

Hello skuki,

Thanks for your reply on the hydro and electric hoses. Could I ask what size wire (mm) you used in diameter for the rear brake lines .

Thank you again , George

Hi, these are lead wire. The larger one (only one one each side) is 0.8mm, and those that are binded together are 0.6mm.

thanks all :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Shawn,

here are few new wip pictures, this time on ibis tek tow bar. It is completely functional (you can not strech it though). It can be positioned at 90 degrees or less. I plan to position it on about 45 degrees and tie it down to lower bumper. If prefered, It can be removed and put together and positioned somewhere at the back.

m-atvmrap1_zps4b105be7.jpg

m-atvmrap2_zpsb3612195.jpg

m-atvmrap3_zps11d39284.jpg

m-atvmrap4_zps0aea1a5d.jpg