I'll join with a 1/24 Union Porsche 908 L, driven by Brian Redmond and Jo Siffert, winning the 1969 Monza 1000Km. I purchased this kit while living in New Jersey in 1984, while working at a Porsche/BMW speed shop, where we campaigned a 2 liter 911 in SCCA GT-3. I slapped some paint on it, and shelved it. Probably to sick of working on the real things to build one in my off time. I have thought about finishing it, but airplanes always seem to take precedence. Nows a good time, I guess.

Opening shot, as always.

IMG_0829.jpg

Never can build one from the box.... Started doing some research on the 908, and decided to make a few additions to the kit. Since Porsche's are air cooled, the air comes from the top (fan) over the engine and out the bottom. The Union kit left out the "tunnel" which allows the heated air to exit the rear of the vehicle. I cut a hole in the pan, and will add two strakes. From the top side, there is a box, which will be scratched from sheet.

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

CH

Never can build one from the box....

I know exactly what you mean! :D The vast amount of references the internet offers can be a real curse sometimes. You'll always find something that needs fixing. And once you've fixed it you'll find even more...

• 3 weeks later...

Filled the wheel tubs, added the tunnel, and started on the engine. Spark plug wires are thin stainless steel wire. The flat 8 cylinder engine had twin plug heads, so I have 16 plug wires to run.

IMG_0832.jpg

• 5 months later...

OK, time to jump back on the car, as paint is drying on the "Claude" and the Brewster is done. I test fit the rubber under my wheeltubs, and alas-won't fit. Of course I tried all of this after intalling the engine and transaxle. So, intalling new and improved wheeltubs. Next will be the tubeframe and detailing the engine compartment. Not going to go to overboard on the interior, can't really see in that well.

908_zps3801251b.jpg

• 1 month later...

About done with this one. Paint is on, interior is as done as it's goining to get. I'll put the decals on tonight, if they work! Then put her together. Nothing like waiting till the last minute, just like it was with the real things......

Porsche1.jpg