Soldier killed helping a child

Once I read this story, I really had to share. I didn't know him (or his family, etc), but I wish I did.

Soldiers story :salute: RIP

This is what the type of people I think MOST of those in US Uniform are like. And I would like more people to know the types of sacrifices they are willing to make.

(I am not in the service, was a military kid growing up. I am proud of our service people.)

Regards,

John

For every incident that brings bad pub to the US armed forces there are 10 that should bring good pub, but it's rarely gets the notoriety it should. RIP soldier you've earned all that and more :salute: :salute: :pray:

:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

Rest In Peace Sgt Dennis Weichel.. MY condolences,prayers and thoughts are with his family and friends and his troops.

He did a very Brave thing without thought for his own life.. :salute:

I am sure the little girl's family will always remember this kind act, a selfless act..

HOLMES :salute:

I can just echo what others said, brave man.

I don't want to derail the thread, or take any deserved praise from Sgt. Dennis Weichel (anyone noticed how he is 29 in article but reported said 33 in the vid?), but somewhat similar recent story from Russia:

A battalion commander who died after acting as a human shield to protect a soldier from a grenade blast on Wednesday probably saved dozens of lives, an army officer has said.

Major Sergei Solnechnikov pushed the soldier away from a grenade and threw himself over it after it bounced off a trench during training exercises at a Far Eastern military base in the town of Belogorsk.

"I shudder to think about what could have happened had he not done this. There was an entire battalion there; more than 100 people," Sergei Frolov, an officer at the Belogorsk base, told the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper.

:salute: