Hawker Hunter - Papyrus

Since the moment I saw a photo of this scheme I knew I will have to build a model of it... and not too long ago I saw a Revell kit in one of the few remaining hobby stores here in Bay Area. I built this kit before and I remembered it is very well engineered and makes a very nice mode so of course I had to buy it.

I didn't complicate too much, I added some seat belts and decided for the closed canopy so the focus was only on the scheme.

The kit is molded in some ugly brown plastic and the only worry was how to cover it to get pure white canvas. I used Gunze MrBase White 1000 for the primer and it laid down so nicely I decided to not even use any other paint over it. I just put one layer of Future as preparation for decals.

Decals were of course the biggest challenge. Luckily there are plenty of good photos available on the net so I could design them for all surfaces. After some tweaking with sizes and fonts I had them ready. They were printed on laser printer using decal paper from Bare Metal Foil and before applying I cut them to manageable sections. After couple of more layers of Future to seal them it is almost impossible to see any film. I am generally very happy with result and it was not too long and very fun build.

Photos:

IMG_3531.JPG

IMG_3554-1.JPG

IMG_3558.JPG

IMG_3576.JPG

IMG_3577.JPG

IMG_3578.JPG

IMG_3580.JPG

IMG_3561.JPG

IMG_3569.JPG

IMG_3573.JPG

This piece of paper surprisingly won second place at "Silicon Valley Kick Off Classic" last weekend :woot.gif: :

s800-IMG_3811.JPG

OUTSTANDING achievement on your placement...WELL DONE. :salute:

I must say you did a MAGNIFICENT , brilliant job on this fiddly looking decal work.VERY NEAT AND FLAWLESS and amazing ..

SHE LOOKS IMPRESSIVE ... :wub:

KUDOS to you... :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: